Modular Software Synthesis or Mobile App music?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What‘s the bigger creative experience?
Modular Software Synthesis or Mobile App music?
Looking forward to breaking the usual way of making noises...

you have reaktor dont you?
give blocks a try see if it gets your mojo risin'.
i love modular stuff, i find it inspiring and the results are to my ears very pleasing (both software and hardware) however, modular isnt for everybody.
some of the limitations like mono/poly can put people off. as can the work it takes to get something going (at first it can be frustrating, but after a time it's like anything, just happens)

only you can decide if it's working for you.

The new Grid of Bitwig 3 does not seem to have those limitations like mono/poly. Instant MPE compatible modular playground. Zero learning curve it seems... (I had no need to grab the manual at all, even don’t know if the beta has a new one...; - )
Especially modular is easier on my Air. Mobile apps are great for jamming, I just grab my Linnstrument and my iPad mini and jam in the park... Not comparable - like apples and spaghetti...

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm The new Grid of Bitwig 3 does not seem to have those limitations like mono/poly. Instant MPE compatible modular playground. Zero learning curve it seems... (I had no need to grab the manual at all, even don’t know if the beta has a new one...; - )
Especially modular is easier on my Air. Mobile apps are great for jamming, I just grab my Linnstrument and my iPad mini and jam in the park... Not comparable - like apples and spaghetti...
polyphony is a passing fad.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:16 pm Modular Software Synthesis or Mobile App music?
run a modular software app on your mobile; resolve your false dichotomy today!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:15 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:16 pm Modular Software Synthesis or Mobile App music?
run a modular software app on your mobile; resolve your false dichotomy today!
mind.
blown.
:o

vurt wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:14 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:49 pm The new Grid of Bitwig 3 does not seem to have those limitations like mono/poly. Instant MPE compatible modular playground. Zero learning curve it seems... (I had no need to grab the manual at all, even don’t know if the beta has a new one...; - )
polyphony is a passing fad.
As long as you play a keyboard with just switches I’d agree. With a LinnStrument you long for those polyphonic glides and those 5 control dimensions under each finger. You don’t want to miss it...
You don’t have to trade one for the other...

i think he was joking ;)

Played a bit with EURO REAKT racks...
Wow!
Really inspiring stuff!
Can recommend it :clap:

boom boom (or, more appropriately, burk-blockin-chic-chic-waarrrrg-chicka-bloof-zip, or some such modular thing that's awesome but will never be heard by another soul unless you're Trent Reznor, not that I don't suffer from this affliction):

http://audulus.com/

Hey JoeCat,
you‘re solving my dilemma!
Modular on a Mobile...
Unexpected solution...

martinjuenke wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:12 pm Hey JoeCat,
Modular on a Mobile...
Unexpected solution...
errr..
it was mentioned posts up by whyterabbyt ;)

vurt wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:16 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:12 pm Hey JoeCat,
Modular on a Mobile...
Unexpected solution...
errr..
it was mentioned posts up by whyterabbyt ;)
Oh, sorry!
My attention ability is obviously diminished...
These beers are killing me! :o

martinjuenke wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:21 pm These beers are killing me! :o
you sure youre german? :lol:

Return to “Modular Synthesis”