Let's talk reaktor 6.4

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reaktor Reaktor Player

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:02 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:34 pm For some reason I get toybox mail in my mail box ( from ask audio ) , I never asked for additional email , hell I don't even know what ask audio is ???
Could you please remove me from the mailing list
you could ask :shrug:
Ask Audio surely has an answer! :tu:

Better Ask Audio than Questionable Videos.

in other news, im really enjoying the toybox modules.
am still just going through, seeing whats what, but already a few outstanding modules, that i already feel ive had mu moneys worth and im only yet scratching the surface :o
awesome stuff!

I posted this just now on the youtube video "piano roll controls" - hopefully someone here answers as I dont expect the youtube channel to be monitored that often
"Nicky says parameters like Jitter can be controlled with LFOs etc - I was looking at that today - as a complete newbie - and could only see them being controlled by A or B or midi/osc Is there a method for running an lfo or step sequencer within Blocks and converting the output to MIDI and feeding that to jitter etc? Basically how would I connect an internal control signal of some sort to jitter and the other parameters, thanks"

A and B are modulation paths, you can connect any block output into them and assign them to modulation targets inside the block. Check out the Blocks manual, and read up or watch some Youtube vids for modular synthesis basics.

.jon wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:35 pm A and B are modulation paths, you can connect any block output into them and assign them to modulation targets inside the block. Check out the Blocks manual, and read up or watch some Youtube vids for modular synthesis basics.
Thanks but that more or less ignores my question.

fairlyclose wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:56 pm
.jon wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:35 pm A and B are modulation paths, you can connect any block output into them and assign them to modulation targets inside the block. Check out the Blocks manual, and read up or watch some Youtube vids for modular synthesis basics.
Thanks but that more or less ignores my question.
It doesn't ignore your question at all but it does reveal what you actually know about blocks, which is not much. And as you're a complete newbie, that would make sense.

It might seem a bit nuts to you but you can wire up and cable and socket to any other socket in the blocks framework. If that connection does anything useful is entirely up to you! So you could easily load up a sequencer, connect the output of that sequencer to the A or B modulation slots in the Piano Roll and adjust the modulation depth of the knob you want to control with the LFO or sequencer or whatever.

It does sound like you should try to understand the basic principles of a modular audio system, otherwise answers to questions you ask in the future will make no sense.

Midi or Osc, not AB, which are not available for that parameter

Reaktor 6.3.3 (beta )
User blocks in racks ( for full reaktor owners )
Yes
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

So if I understand correctly, that means that a user-created rack could include a combination of both user blocks and (for example) Toybox blocks, and the whole thing can be saved as a "rack" requiring a minimal amount of storage space, rather than as an "ensemble" where every block must be re-saved at its full original size. Do I have that straight?

That is nice (but should have there from the beginning anyway).
Reaktor is still one of the most amazing and at the same time most annoying modular tools ever.
At least it is a progress in the right direction. I also wonder why there are not really much more commercial block packs like Toybox to find.
However, there is a chance i might find new love when Reaktor 7 comes with less apologizes for "old code".

fairlyclose wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:21 pm Midi or Osc, not AB, which are not available for that parameter
You can modulate any control using the A & B modulation busses of each block, there's some info about the A & B modulation system in the FAQ on the toybox site:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/faq

You can assign MIDI or OSC to any control by right clicking on it:

bharris22 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:06 pm So if I understand correctly, that means that a user-created rack could include a combination of both user blocks and (for example) Toybox blocks, and the whole thing can be saved as a "rack" requiring a minimal amount of storage space, rather than as an "ensemble" where every block must be re-saved at its full original size. Do I have that straight?
Yes :)

Thanks!

David@TOYBOX wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:31 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:21 pm Midi or Osc, not AB, which are not available for that parameter
You can modulate any control using the A & B modulation busses of each block, there's some info about the A & B modulation system in the FAQ on the toybox site:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/faq

You can assign MIDI or OSC to any control by right clicking on it:

bharris22 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:06 pm So if I understand correctly, that means that a user-created rack could include a combination of both user blocks and (for example) Toybox blocks, and the whole thing can be saved as a "rack" requiring a minimal amount of storage space, rather than as an "ensemble" where every block must be re-saved at its full original size. Do I have that straight?
Yes :)
thanks - the solution I have been looking for is that the instrument properties panel contains a tab "Connect" that allows for internal connections outside of the A/B system.

yep
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Modular Synthesis”