XSRDO Analogy Official Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been playing about with the GUI and developed a method to get a more 3d feel to the interface.
The first picture shows the usual 2d flat surface.
The second picture shows a 3d surface where the knobs, switches etc... are draw in perspective in
real time as I move the modules around on the screen. Each parameter requires 5 render operations
so the resulting *.dll file size is a bit larger and 3rd party skins will require a bit more thought.
It's not that the 3d version gives an extra dimension to the final sound :lol: but I just wondered what
your thoughts are on this sort of thing.

Standard 2d version
Interactive 3d version

The graphics are still a bit crude at this stage but here's a link to the full size images.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lz2y4h ... sp=sharing

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty, just the png files don't make much difference imho.
It would maybe be better, if you could do a short video, to see the differences of the skins.

I tried to see differences in both pictures ( the downloaded ones), but to me there are none.

I just made an animated PNG image with the two images from Kirsty :

There are some differences... but curiously not everywhere it should.

And even the differences are not that sensible between 2D rendering and 3D rendering. Look (the picture can be displayed in full screen mode for a better look):

http://black.winny.free.fr/MAO/XSRDO/XSRDO-APNG.png
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

OK so a 3d GUI is a bit naff for an audio plugin. I've put it back on my TODO list for now.

Anyway, I've uploaded the first beta release of the new 64bit version.
There are still a few things to sort out but basically i'd just like to know if it works on systems
other than my Win7/64 Orion/Reaper laptop.

Download at the bottom of my blog. It's only 1 Megabyte :)

Kirsty

Thanks a lot, Kirsty ! We're all gonna try...
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Windows 10 64-bit here, with Mulab 8 (64-bit too).

No problem during the scan... but crash of Mulab when loading a first instance of XSRDO in memory.

I don't have any clue of what happened, it was immediate.

I invite you to make some tests on Mulab (it is limited when the license is not paid but don't worry, it works, and to install it you just have to unzip it anywhere you want, no more).

Cheers!
Last edited by BlackWinny on Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just tested also with Cakewalk by BandLab (64-bit) on the same computer.

No problem either during the scan... but when loading in memory a first instance of XSRDO, Cakewalk entered immediately in an endless loop with a huge increasing memory and CPU use and the start of the fan of the CPU and the screen flashing as a stroboscope ( :party: ). A sort of panic situation where Windows became unresponsive. The only solution has been to call the task manager by Ctrl-Alt-Del then kill the Cakewalk task.

No incidence on the other tasks which were working at the same time, don't worry.

Cakewalk by BandLab is a totally free DAW (very powerful, it is the former Sonar, but now totally free). I invite you to install it if you want to make some tests on it in addition to those on Mulab above.

Beware : before loading this XSRDO beta edition... save your non-saved files if any, ha ha !

BlackWinny wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:45 pm I just made an animated PNG image with the two images from Kirsty :

There are some differences... but curiously not everywhere it should.

And even the differences are not that sensible between 2D rendering and 3D rendering. Look (the picture can be displayed in full screen mode for a better look):

http://black.winny.free.fr/MAO/XSRDO/XSRDO-APNG.png
test 2 :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Yes, it is Test2 which has the best precision.
:)

BlackWinny wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:30 pm Just tested also with Cakewalk by BandLab (64-bit) on the same computer.

No problem either during the scan... but when loading in memory a first instance of XSRDO, Cakewalk entered immediately in an endless loop with a huge increasing memory and CPU use and the start of the fan of the CPU and the screen flashing as a stroboscope ( :party: ). A sort of panic situation where Windows became unresponsive. The only solution has been to call the task manager by Ctrl-Alt-Del then kill the Cakewalk task.

No incidence on the other tasks which were working at the same time, don't worry.

Cakewalk by BandLab is a totally free DAW (very powerful, it is the former Sonar, but now totally free). I invite you to install it if you want to make some tests on it in addition to those on Mulab above.

Beware : before loading this XSRDO beta edition... save your non-saved files if any, ha ha !
Well that's bad, I'll remove the link and go and stick my head in a bucket :(

Made a quick video of it running happily in Mulab, Reaper and Orion without any problems whatsoever.
Maybe its a Win10 thing :?:
https://youtu.be/UMnhLqYf2_I

Perhaps also a matter of prerequisites... a C++ runtime for example, that you would have on your own computer of course but which is not necessarily on the user's computer.

It may be also a matter of API which is used on Win 7 and no longer on Windows 8 or 8.1 or 10...

hi Kristy,
Vcvrack Fundamental modules has nice gui -modern,clean,readable and still suggestive of modular.it will be nice to have a alternative gui in that style.

Hey Kristy, I love the GUI, and the work you have done on this is just amazing! I'm running Windows 7 Pro-64, and would be happy to beta this in Live, FL Studio, Bitwig, and a few other things, though I would normally run it stand alone in Cantabile. Pm me a link if you like.

p.s. a larger font option would be appreciated though. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Modular Synthesis”