Favorite Modular Brand ?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)

What's your favourite modular brand ?

2HP
4%
Buchla
8%
Doepfer
13%
Erica Synths
4%
Intellijel
4%
Make Noise
25%
Moog
4%
Mutable Instruments
33%
Noise Engineering
4%
Qu Bit
No votes

Total votes: 24

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Curious to know what everyone's favourite brand is.

I personally love the raw and industrial underground sounds of Noise Engineering a lot .

Mutable stuff is thoughtful, stylish and original. Really though I have no brand loyalty; this is my setup www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/688616

I like the ALM range a lot, but their stuff is very digital and I think was always intended to be mixed with analogue stuff from other manufacturers.

I like the Make Noise and Make Noise / Soundhack collaborations. Very smart designs imho. Of course,
I only have personal experience with them so far. :lol:

Behringer Neuron,. Model D etc.... plus coming soon.....

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/modular ... dular.html
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

i kinda like the fact i dont have to have a favourite brand.
mix n match ftw!

just as well there are only 10 eurorack manufacturers, or this poll would be problematic.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

:hihi:

Yeh the poll is missing some of the most popular and well respected brands!

Expert Sleepers, ALM, Mannequins, WMD, Tiptop Audio etc etc

Here is a poll on top Modular Brands from a few thousand users :wink:

Top Modules rated by users

ALM Busy Circuits Pamela's NEW Workout Ø 4.75 (93)
Make Noise Maths Ø 4.75 (413)
Mutable instruments Stages Ø 4.73 (22)
Mannequins THREE SISTERS Ø 4.73 (102)
Orthogonal Devices ER-301: Sound Computer Ø 4.72 (29)
Cwejman VCO-2RM Ø 4.71 (21)
The Harvestman Piston Honda Mk III Ø 4.71 (21)
WMD Performance mixer Ø 4.70 (27)
Mutable instruments Marbles Ø 4.68 (41)
Manhattan Analog DTM Ø 4.68 (22)
Intellijel Metropolis Ø 4.67 (117)
Random*Source Variable Q VCF Ø 4.67 (36)
Random*Source Serge Wave Multipliers (VCM) Ø 4.67 (27)
Make Noise MATHS Ø 4.66 (90)
Xaoc Devices Batumi Ø 4.65 (142)
Mutable instruments Rings Ø 4.65 (184)
Mannequins JUST FRIENDS Ø 4.65 (57)
Verbos Electronics Harmonic Oscillator Ø 4.64 (50)
Expert Sleepers ES-8 Ø 4.64 (25)
Xaoc Devices Belgrad Ø 4.62 (48)
Zvex Instant LoFi Junky Ø 4.62 (21)
Klavis Twin waves Ø 4.61 (44)
Mannequins MANGROVE Ø 4.61 (90)
Intellijel Rubicon Ø 4.60 (87)
Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter Ø 4.59 (76)

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/home
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Just look on ModularGrid sorted by Popular. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/b ... ection=asc

This thread will inevitably become a "List all Eurorack modules" thread.
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

hmm the main ones I buy from if I'm not DIY are missing
Synthesizers.com
Club of the Knobs
Mos-Labs
Moon Modular
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

This is a silly poll. I would need to list at least my favorite ten manufacturers. And half of my favorites are missing. Choosing only one out of those is not going to yield meaningful results.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:44 pm This is a silly poll. I would need to list at least my favorite ten manufacturers. And half of my favorites are missing. Choosing only one out of those is not going to yield meaningful results.
The poll is about the results between THESE brands, so they're very meaningful :wink:
We just started a store and we sell brands based on popularity and own preference, so it's good to learn and know more about what different kinds of people like.

Curious to hear your favourite brands :)

Same, don't really have brand loyalty when it comes to my setup. Though from your choices I do like Noise engineering, Mutable and Make noise. I have a couple favorite staples from Erica as well.

Checked out your store and seems you guys have a pretty good selection already. :clap: You might want to look into carrying some Intelligel, they have some solid pieces.

modularfreq wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:47 am
deastman wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:44 pm This is a silly poll. I would need to list at least my favorite ten manufacturers. And half of my favorites are missing. Choosing only one out of those is not going to yield meaningful results.
The poll is about the results between THESE brands, so they're very meaningful :wink:
We just started a store and we sell brands based on popularity and own preference, so it's good to learn and know more about what different kinds of people like.

Curious to hear your favourite brands :)
Oh, I didn’t realize I was participating in market research for a commercial venture.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

modularfreq wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:47 am
The poll is about the results between THESE brands, so they're very meaningful
We just started a store
No, they're still not meaningful to the potential participants. Why on earth would someone spend time picking from someone else's 'favourites' especially when its not even that, just lazy market research.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Modular Synthesis”