u-he view on vcv

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lnikj wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:49 am
masterhiggins wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:04 pm FFS, if Urs has no interest then he’s not going to pursue it.
Thanks for a shining example of the sort of attitude/post that you won't find in the VCV Rack community :tu:
It's pretty annoying though that some people here notoriously speak and think for their hero figure.

lnikj wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:27 am
mholloway wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:21 am Did the VCV creator ever actually explain *what* the "technical limitations" of the VST format actually are? If that's (one of) his arguments for why he avoided doing it originally (and it is), it would be far more interesting / helpful if he actually explained the alleged limitations, as they pertain to VCV... I'm not able to imagine what they are on my own...
He may have done but I don't recall.

From my limited understanding one thing that might be behind it is that Rack operates with single samples. This is what lies behind timing, audio rate modulation etc..

DAWs work with blocks of samples.

Anyway, don't quote me on that; you can ask him easily enough.

Cheers.
Then softube and reaktor vst woudn't be able to do audio rate modulation ,update per sample as well .
Which they do perfectly well

Edit : I see evildragon has corrected you
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:29 am Yeah I did read Jim's writeup on various multicore implementations. Was a very interesting read!
I've written up a little experiment with the current Rack 1.0 development version and the rcomian fork:

https://community.vcvrack.com/t/a-multi ... 1683?u=nik

What they should do imho, would be to gut a version of linux and build vcvrack ontop of it, encompassing the entire os. Dedicate realtime threads for it's various global processes and eliminate everything else they possibly can. Let the rack serve as the window manager and draw it all on the gpu with realtime pbr shading and animation. Add that to a top level hd audio backend.

Now that would be something...

pekbro wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:02 am What I should do imho, would be to gut a version of linux and build vcvrack ontop of it....
ftfy, it being open-source and all. ;)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Modular Synthesis”