[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:20 pm bsp804, is every new install of this supposed to reset our favorites? That's been my experience. I'm assuming it's the settings.json in the distribution that does it. If so, would it be possible not to include that in future distributions so people like me don't keep overwriting our settings files with yours? I'm assuming if none exists, VCV would create a new one.

I appreciate everything you do and ask quite humbly just to make things a bit easier on me. I'll try to avoid installing that file in the future and see if that solves for it.
In the next version, the settings loader will fall back to settings_default.json when settings.json does not exist, yet. I also removed settings.json from the distributable.
In other words: It will be safe to copy a new vst2_bin folder over the old one and you won't lose your configuration again.
scook wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 pm Also would like to the the folder name changed from vst2_bin to bsp because that is how the plug-in manufacturer is identified.
Since a lot of documentation (posts, text files) already reference the "vst2_bin" folder I won't rename it.
However, you can always rename the folder locally however you wish.
vortico wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:33 pm That's why I think the FAQ is poorly written. The GPLv3 releases all copyright limitations for using the software in section 2: "This License explicitly affirms your unlimited permission to run the unmodified Program." And a redundant clause in section 9: "You are not required to accept this License in order to receive or run a copy of the Program."
Well, first and foremost it's a (copyleft) source code license and as long as you somehow obtained a (GPL compliant) binary, you are free to run it, even if you don't know about or don't agree with the GPL.
Which makes me wonder why some people are creating installers which present you a copy of the GPL and require you to click the "I Agree" button ;)
vortico wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:33 pm If you release osdialog_zenity.c under osdialog's CC0 license, I'll add it to the repository. Or just fix osdialog_gtk2.c and send a PR.
no problem, CC0 it is. I'll let you know when it's done.

bsp804 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:33 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:20 pm bsp804, is every new install of this supposed to reset our favorites? That's been my experience. I'm assuming it's the settings.json in the distribution that does it. If so, would it be possible not to include that in future distributions so people like me don't keep overwriting our settings files with yours? I'm assuming if none exists, VCV would create a new one.

I appreciate everything you do and ask quite humbly just to make things a bit easier on me. I'll try to avoid installing that file in the future and see if that solves for it.
In the next version, the settings loader will fall back to settings_default.json when settings.json does not exist, yet. I also removed settings.json from the distributable.
In other words: It will be safe to copy a new vst2_bin folder over the old one and you won't lose your configuration again.
Excellent. Thanks as always! :tu:

Heres more presets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

melodyz wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:32 am Heres more presets
Some really nice patches you made there :tu:

I noticed that some (a lot) of them are far too hot, though.
Here's an alternative version that normalizes all patches to approximately -10dB.
I didn't change anything else (i.e. I just added ZZC.SCVCAs before the outputs).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here's a new release:

Code: Select all

** May 24th, 2019
- fall back to settings_default.json when settings.json does not exist, yet
   (it is now safe to overwrite an old installation w/o losing your settings.json)
- Linux: replace osdialog_gtk2 by osdialog_zenity
   (should fix Reaper file dialog issues)
   (requires zenity to be installed: "apt-get install zenity")
- move GPL plugins to separate DLLs 
   (Bidoo, Edge, EH_modules, JE, LindenbergResearch, rcm, SonusModular, Valley)
- add module SubmarineUtility.ModBrowser
- add module SubmarineUtility.WireManager
- add module CatroModulo.CM1Module
- add module CatroModulo.CM2Module
- add module CatroModulo.CM3Module
- add module CatroModulo.CM4Module
- add module CatroModulo.CM5Module
- add module CatroModulo.CM6Module
- add module CatroModulo.CM7Module
- add module CatroModulo.CM8Module
- add module CatroModulo.CM9Module
- add module CatroModulo.CM10Module
- add module CatroModulo.CatroModulo_CM7
- update Bidoo.*                0.6.28 => 0.6.29
- update Bogaudio.*             0.6.14 => 0.6.16
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-24May2019.7z (win64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_lin64_bin-24May2019.tar.gz (lin64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-24May2019.7z (win32, unsupported)
VeeSeeVSTRack plugin SDK
  • the release date is not a typo. the Windows version was built yesterday, and the Linux version was compiled by StudioDave today (thanks!)
  • thanks to Github user catronomix for contributing the very first "3rd" party VSVR plugin ;)

Hi everyone,

sorry for asking the stupid following question but I can't seem to install the VeeSeeVST plugin.
I copied all files to my c:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins64\vst2_bin\ which is added as a path in Reaper.
But when re-scanning my plugins Reaper is crashing constantly...

EDIT: Moving the vst2_bin somewhere else seemed to fix it

bsp804 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:51 am
melodyz wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:32 am Heres more presets
Some really nice patches you made there :tu:

I noticed that some (a lot) of them are far too hot, though.
Here's an alternative version that normalizes all patches to approximately -10dB.
I didn't change anything else (i.e. I just added ZZC.SCVCAs before the outputs).
Thanks. Are they hot by default or am I doing something incorrectly on my levels? - I usually leave them at the default settings.

Feel free to include these edited ones in future releases.

vortico wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:33 pm
bsp804 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:24 am The GPL FAQ certainly conveyed that impression.
That's why I think the FAQ is poorly written. The GPLv3 releases all copyright limitations for using the software in section 2: "This License explicitly affirms your unlimited permission to run the unmodified Program." And a redundant clause in section 9: "You are not required to accept this License in order to receive or run a copy of the Program."

If you release osdialog_zenity.c under osdialog's CC0 license, I'll add it to the repository. Or just fix osdialog_gtk2.c and send a PR.
Wow this is nice! Haven't been in KVR for a couple of weeks.
I am pleasantly surprised to see you guys have had a fruitful discussion here :party: :tu:
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

Lindenberg Research modules acting up again. Knobs on Valerie MS20 filter are displaced in fl studio

melodyz wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:55 pm Lindenberg Research modules acting up again. Knobs on Valerie MS20 filter are displaced in fl studio
hmm, works here (in FL Studio 20)

I updated my fl studio to see if that would fix it but nope. The knobs of the filter are all the way to the right of VCV detached from the module

Hi everyone!

I'm in love with VeeSeeVST. Thanks so mucho bsp804 for doing this. Is an amazing work and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Are you planning to update VeeSeeVST to v1? I'm happy with v0.6 and I'm not a fan of the v1. Just for curiosity.

I have only one issue and maybe you can help me.

I's there any way to limit the number of CC (actually VeeSeeVST have 9998 CCs!) or maybe deactivate the CCs? I'm controlling VeeSeeVST sending MIDI CCs from another VST plugin.

Everything works perfect, but when I try to control VeeSeeVST with my MIDI hardware Novation Zero SLMkII, my MIDI controller crash.

I'm using a default MIDI mapping for my MIDI controller with Bitwig v1.3.15.

Thanks again for this awesome software. Thanks to Andrew Belt too. :)

Cheers!

Can the amazing Surge modules be incuded in VeeSeeVST Rack ?
https://community.vcvrack.com/t/surge-a ... synth/3503
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Did the Lindenberg Research plugins get fixed? I updated FL and still have the same problem. I also reinstalled Veeseevee for good measure. same issue with knobs

Also will we get the Pico drum modules?

What's the correct way to remove modules from the library? I really only need the Fundamental and Audible Instruments ones. When i just delete the from the "plugins" folder, they still show up in the VST window itself but can''t be used.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”