[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

MUSICOELECTRO wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:09 pmBeatFreq
This is very useful !
Thanks again. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Second release for today. I just found + fixed a crash in the FrozenWasteland.BPMLFO modules (in case you haven't used these before: they implement DAW-tempo-synced LFOs).

Code: Select all

** May 7th, 2019 (2nd release)
- fix plugin detection in Cakewalk by BandLab (64bit)
- implement horizontal scroll lock (hold shift key)
- update Bogaudio.*             0.6.13 => 0.6.14
- add module Bogaudio.AddrSeq
- add module Bogaudio.EightOne
- add module Bogaudio.OneEight
- add module Bogaudio.Walk
- add module Bogaudio.Walk2
- add module bsp.BeatFreq
- fix crash in module FrozenWasteland.BPMLFO
- fix crash in module FrozenWasteland.BPMLFO2
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-07May2019b.7z (win64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-07May2019b.7z (win32, unsupported)
VeeSeeVSTRack plugin SDK

Linux build updated:

http://linux-sound.org/misc/veeseevstra ... 19b.tar.gz

@bsp804 - Thanks especially for the fix on the BPM LFO, I use in almost every patch I make. You rock. :)

Best regards,

dp

np, it was just an uninitialized variable (with dire consequences, though) ;)

Thanks for the new build ! => Added to VeeSeeVSTRack#downloads

:help: Please:
can explain the difference and application of "static" and "dynamic" modules?

When/why to use each type?

static=built into the VST plugin DLL
dynamic=loaded from additional VSVR plugin DLL(s)

from a user point of view it makes no difference (except that you can't remove static modules from the module list).
from a technical point of view, static modules are much smaller (code size) than dynamically loaded ones.

Gracias!

Try the new Nasseq sequencer with VeeSeeVee. Coolness

Heres a link of more free hora modules. Perhaps only the last ones have source code.
http://www.hora-music.be/free-modules.php

Hi,
reporting you that as FX have problems

- In "Wake" option don`t work.
- In "Always" sometimes work and other not.

DAW: ABLETON LIVE 10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

melodyz wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:10 am Heres a link of more free hora modules. Perhaps only the last ones have source code.
http://www.hora-music.be/free-modules.php
The open source ones are quite uninteresting. Apparently they are a test for some kind of source code generator (I took the liberty to fix the generated code -- the filter cutoff+resonance CV did not work).
The website says the modules are open source but they don't have a license so they technically are not, and I won't include them in VSVR.
Anyways, in case you want to try them out yourseIf: I've attached a precompiled plugin to this message (just extract + move the "Hora-Examples" dir to the VSVR plugins/ folder).

MUSICOELECTRO wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:36 am Hi,
reporting you that as FX have problems

- In "Wake" option don`t work.
- In "Always" sometimes work and other not.

DAW: ABLETON LIVE 10
I just re-tested both instr+fx plugins in Ableton Live 10 Trial and they both worked (instr set to "wake on midi" and fx set to "wake on audio") (left it running for about an hour and played a few notes every now and then).
Is there anything else you did other than creating a new project with one instr and one fx instance ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I just re-tested both instr+fx plugins in Ableton Live 10 Trial and they both worked (instr set to "wake on midi" and fx set to "wake on audio") (left it running for about an hour and played a few notes every now and then).
Is there anything else you did other than creating a new project with one instr and one fx instance ?

Nothing More.
Open a sample inside "Simpler" and then add a veesee.. after

What can be?

bsp804 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:31 pm
melodyz wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:10 am Heres a link of more free hora modules. Perhaps only the last ones have source code...
The open source ones are quite uninteresting. Apparently they are a test for some kind of source code generator...
You are correct. Rafael's been designing something like an IDE for developing Rack plugins, he's named it GECO:

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/hora-musi ... aker-43657

And I agree, the current GECO examples aren't very interesting. (The other HORA modules are very good though.)

Just so I'm clear about this issue: Is there any way to use prebuilt binaries - NYSTHI, HORA, Blamsoft and others - in VeeseeVSTRack ?

Best regards,

dp

I will describe the experiencie (not only for the first time):

attempt #1
- add a sample loop inside a track
- add veefx
- add an audio device and conect to a filter(see attached image)
- "NO SOUND"

-Attempt to delete the audio device: IMPOSSIBLE; IS FROZEN
-solution: delete veefx device

attempt #2
- add veefx
- add an audio device and conect to a filter
- "NO SOUND"; but in this moment the audio device can be deleted (not blocked)
- add again the same audio devide (core) and "NO SOUND"

solution:
- go to iddle mode and change to ALWAYS ACTIVE
- now "i have SOUND"

-attention: :arrow: if i return the iddle mode to "wake to audio input" now is workong the iddle option. :pray:

What can be?
Last edited by MUSICOELECTRO on Tue May 14, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StudioDave wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:58 am Just so I'm clear about this issue: Is there any way to use prebuilt binaries - NYSTHI, HORA, Blamsoft and others - in VeeseeVSTRack ?
Yes there is. That's what the "dynamically loaded" modules / plugin DLLs are intended for.

It's just that the precompiled VCV Rack ones won't work in VSVR but it is possible (with very little effort) to rebuild them for VSVR (the easiest way to do that is to use the plugin SDK) (only the ppl who have the module source code can do that, obviously).

MUSICOELECTRO wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:38 pm attempt #1
- add a sample loop inside a track
- add veefx
- add an audio device and conect to a filter(see attached image)
- "NO SOUND"
I see what's going on here ;)

I just repeated the test using your instructions (thanks!) and was able to reproduce the issue.

What's causing the "No sound" issue is that when the plugin (patch) is configured to use 0 inputs but the idle detection mode is set to "wake on audio", the idle detection is bypassed and the plugin won't wake up.

The "oversample" settings not only control the oversampling I/O but also the idle detection (for performance reasons).

I admit that this is not obvious at all but when you set the oversample I/O to "2 in, 2 out" (instead of the default "0 in, 2 out"), everything starts to work as expected.

During my previous Ableton tests I loaded a .vcv file into the FX instance, and this preset file already had the oversample I/O set to 2in/2out.

I'll change the default configuration in the next release (+ implicitely set the detection mode to "always" when there are no audio inputs).

In the meantime, you can change it yourself:
Set the oversampling I/O to "2 in / 2 out", then save the global settings ("Global Settings" -> "Save Settings (+Favourites)").

Return to “Modular Synthesis”