[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

... where is the delete button? :)
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

melodyz wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:00 pm Thanks. Supposing that I get the silent way plugin - I suppose I would have to use the full version of VCV to make it work. Is there a tutorial on how to port this stuff into Veeseevee?
If you can be a little more specific what you would like to see VeeSeeVee do,
i can try to make an example video about it.

bionrg wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:31 pm
melodyz wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:00 pm Thanks. Supposing that I get the silent way plugin - I suppose I would have to use the full version of VCV to make it work. Is there a tutorial on how to port this stuff into Veeseevee?
If you can be a little more specific what you would like to see VeeSeeVee do,
i can try to make an example video about it.
How do I "integrate" modules step by step on my own.

iNNeRNoiZe wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:49 pm How do I "integrate" modules step by step on my own.
First step would be to have its source code.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Step two: Read the plugin mini-HOWTO and follow the remaining 16 steps ;)

I think its a little beyond my ability. Im trying figure out should I purchase some external gear how I will get it to sync with VCV in my daw. My understanding is the silent way plugin will work for standalone but what if I want to use it in this vst version? It would have to be ported in. I wont worry about it too much - I would need the hardware first.

Does anyone know how to use the FL multilink to assign controls in Veeseevee to a controller? It doesnt work for me. And the mouse cursor vanishes after I try. Is there a way we can get the mouse setting from the code into an option in the menu to make it work? I want to assign mutiple controls to hardware using my mouse not just 1.

melodyz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:05 am Im trying figure out should I purchase some external gear how I will get it to sync with VCV in my daw. My understanding is the silent way plugin will work for standalone but what if I want to use it in this vst version? It would have to be ported in. I wont worry about it too much - I would need the hardware first.
If you refer to DAW as being a computer with VCV running standalone, you could send either Midi or CV to your hardware.
If the hardware is modular/Eurorack you will get better results by sending CV/gate/triggers/clock.

You will need to buy either Expert Sleepers hardware modules to interface your computer with the Eurorack/modular.
Or, experiment with DC coupled audio interfaces. Which will do the trick as well, but with some limitations.

The Silentway plugin suite is for sending CV/gate/triggers/clock from non modular DAW software ie: Ableton/Reason etc.
And will still require your actual computer to be interfaced with the Eurorack/modular by the means described above.

When running VCV as a plugin , in this case VeeSeeVST to be exact, the plugin will always report it's audio output to the VST channel first.
Meaning it is running inside the host, so you can not interface the plugin directly with hardware.
You would waste/sacrifice one of the 8 VST outputs for the VeeSeeVST output, and then route through the host software (Ableton/Reason/etc) and then out of your audio interface hardware, again by the means described above.
But that would make totally no sense at all, unless someone really wished to overcomplicate things.

Here is a little video from Loopop, show casing some of the possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOAgqcM2eI
More can be found online, or as i suggested earlier, join muffwiglers forum, and search through older posts/threads about interfacing DAW with modular hardware.

Here's a new release:

Code: Select all

** April 23rd, 2019
- update Bidoo.*                0.6.27 => 0.6.28
- update LindenbergResearch.*   0.6.4  => 0.6.5
- update patches
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-23Apr2019.7z (win64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-23Apr2019.7z (win32, unsupported)
  • Module bug fixes
  • LRT's Type35 filter looks finished now !

thank you

Thanks bsp804! Here's a set of 4 VeeSeeVST patches as a contribution back. Real basic VA stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bsp804, I did get a crash a little earlier somewhere in the process of trying to change a preset (x64 version in Cubase 10.0.20). Not sure if this dialog helps, but this is what popped up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:40 pm bsp804, I did get a crash a little earlier somewhere in the process of trying to change a preset (x64 version in Cubase 10.0.20). Not sure if this dialog helps, but this is what popped up.
It helps very little but I took an "educated guess" and added some multithreading related changes. With a bit of luck this will (also) resolve this issue.
Thanks for the patches, btw !

Release #2 for today (full changelog):

Code: Select all

** April 23rd, 2019
- update Bidoo.*                0.6.27 => 0.6.28
- update LindenbergResearch.*   0.6.4  => 0.6.5
- update patches
- replace std::mutex by std::recursive_mutex (stability)
- protect setProgramChunk() by engine.mutex (stability)
- update win32+win64 plugin SDK
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-23Apr2019b.7z (win64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-23Apr2019b.7z (win32, unsupported)
VeeSeeVSTRack plugin SDK

Hi, Newbie here. Any suggestion on how to get started? Guides to building some basic racks, where to find presets etc.?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:21 pm Hi, Newbie here. Any suggestion on how to get started? Guides to building some basic racks, where to find presets etc.?
The really nice thing is there's a TON of Youtube videos on VCV Rack. I'm always shocked at how many are out there (I'm assuming it's wildly popular). Most of that stuff applies here (some VCV Rack modules aren't avialable in VeeSeeVST but we've got over 800 already so you can probably find a substitute for anything). I just started a thread to try to highlight some of the best modules so hopefully folks see that and post some of their favs. Presets are located in the plugin folder (there's a patches subfolder). You can also look for VCV rack patches from the web, but all may not work depending on which modules were used.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”