[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

@StudioDave: Thanks for the new Linux build !
espejoooo221v wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:13 amlooks like I have the extension, so it must be another reason.
Older graphics cards often support only power-of-two framebuffer / texture sizes (32, 64, 128, 256, ..) but Rack wants to render to "odd" sized textures (e.g. 26, 34, ..).

I just remembered that I added a setting that turns off FBOs / render-to-texture.
In settings.json, change these lines:
"fbo": true,
"fbo_shared": true,
to
"fbo": false,
"fbo_shared": false,

bsp804 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:33 pmIf everything else fails, just edit the settings.json file manually.
Well, this seemed to fix the issue when I set the resolution to a Reaper-compatible value. Now I can run it almost full-screen :tu: Cheers!

Now it's showing up, thank you so much Sir.

But now it feels very laggy, and yes it's because my graphic card i need to buy a new one, no worries.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bsp804 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm @johnstigter: "Smoke" is there. The ArableInstruments modules didn't work (crashed) so I removed them. Some of the Southpole modules didn't work, either (can't remember which ones). Regarding the firmware: I may take another look at this but no promises (porting the Mutable instruments stuff to Windows/VisualC++ was a lot of work and to be honest I'm not so keen on doing it all over again)
I understand :) But the only reason for me to start using VCV Rack, is the Clouds module. I would love to have the possibility to use the alternative Parasites firmware with this (for the special reverb). This can be done with the 'Neil' module (Arable) and the alternative version of the Smoke module, but I don't like using the stand-alone version of VCV Rack so I really hope these modules will still be featured in VeeSeeVST Rack in the future. But no matter what, thanks very much for all the effort so far!

Completely missed these updates! Was getting back to trying to understand the module plugin compiling and lo and behold you already done tons of new modules and updates.

HUGE thank you for keeping this thing alive. It is extremely cool!!! :D

Very nice track you made with it too (found on the previous page, youtube link). Very inspirational!!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

johnstigter wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pmI would love to have the possibility to use the alternative Parasites firmware with this (for the special reverb).
I took another look at this and found+fixed the issue. The Oliverb mode is really very nice !
bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:32 pmVery nice track you made with it too (found on the previous page, youtube link). Very inspirational!!
Thanks for listening / watching. Glad you liked it !

Code: Select all

** March 20th, 2019
- add module Southpole-parasites.Smoke
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-20Mar2019.7z (win64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-20Mar2019.7z (win32, unsupported)

And the Linux build:

veeseevstrack_0_6_1_lin64_bin-20Mar2019.tar.gz

Best regards,

dp

added to GitHub Downloads. Thanks !

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Nice one, thanks very much!!

Would it also be possible to do this for the Arable/Neil one? I like the interface of that one better than the Smoke Parasites :) But both modules should do the same, so I am happy!

bsp804 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:31 pm
johnstigter wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pmI would love to have the possibility to use the alternative Parasites firmware with this (for the special reverb).
I took another look at this and found+fixed the issue. The Oliverb mode is really very nice !
bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:32 pmVery nice track you made with it too (found on the previous page, youtube link). Very inspirational!!
Thanks for listening / watching. Glad you liked it !

Code: Select all (#)

** March 20th, 2019
- add module Southpole-parasites.Smoke
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-20Mar2019.7z (https://github.com/bsp2/releases/raw/master/vsvr/veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-20Mar2019.7z) (win64)
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-20Mar2019.7z (https://github.com/bsp2/releases/raw/master/vsvr/veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-20Mar2019.7z) (win32, unsupported)

bsp804 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:31 pm
awesome!

could you please in a future update include the SQUINKY VCO-1
this seems to be missing in the plugin pack?!
That VCO is highly optimized and much more efficient then the fundamental VCO (for now).

https://github.com/squinkylabs/SquinkyV ... ization.md

in the plugin pack is something included named: "S"

that doesn't do anything and shows up as a weird module, it could be left out.

Thanks!

So far confirmed and working excellent in:
Reason 10.x
Bitwig 2.5.x
Maschine 2.8.x

all with perfect sync, clock signal routed to Clocked from the incoming VST input!
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

johnstigter wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:43 pmWould it also be possible to do this for the Arable/Neil one? I like the interface of that one better than the Smoke Parasites :) But both modules should do the same, so I am happy!
I am sorry but I have to decline that request. The size of the distributable (7z) is already _very_ close to the GitHub file size limit and there are some updates (and also new graphics) for some other modules coming up, i.e. I need to reserve some space for those.
bionrg wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 pmcould you please in a future update include the SQUINKY VCO-1
That VCO is highly optimized and much more efficient then the fundamental VCO (for now).
I tried porting it but it crashed ("read from 0xffffffff").
The Blank, Shaper, Super, and CHB modules are missing as well since they either crashed or triggered an assertion in Rack ("!widget->parent").
Maybe they need a newer version of Rack (this one is based on 0.6.1 and the latest one is 0.6.2c).
Have you tried the Bogaudio.XCO ? If I remember correctly, it's easier on the CPU than the Fundamental.VCO-1 (but unlike Squinky Lab's "FunV", it does not do the same thing, of course).
bionrg wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 pmin the plugin pack is something included named: "S"
I noticed that, too. It's probably an abandoned or work-in-progress module. I'll remove it.
bionrg wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 pm So far confirmed and working excellent in:
Reason 10.x
Bitwig 2.5.x
Maschine 2.8.x

all with perfect sync, clock signal routed to Clocked from the incoming VST input!
cool ! thanks for the info !

So, that's going to be it for a while.

It would still be nice if there were more user contributed patches.
The resonance to my initial "call for patches" has been, well, a bit underwhelming ;)
If you've got some patches to share, zip them and attach the file to your reply in this thread !

bsp804 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:21 pm
bionrg wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 pmcould you please in a future update include the SQUINKY VCO-1
I tried porting it but it crashed ("read from 0xffffffff").
The Blank, Shaper, Super, and CHB modules are missing as well since they either crashed or triggered an assertion in Rack ("!widget->parent").
Maybe they need a newer version of Rack (this one is based on 0.6.1 and the latest one is 0.6.2c).
I agree with bionrg, the Squinky Labs VCO should be in the collection. The whole Squinky Labs set is excellent, but I'll bet you're right that the build issue is probably a Rack version problem. Too bad, those modules sound great and are very light on CPU cycles.

bionrg wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:11 pmin the plugin pack is something included named: "S"
I noticed that, too. It's probably an abandoned or work-in-progress module. I'll remove it.
It is a WIP, it's a piano-roll type of sequencer. It is coming along nicely but it's not quite ready for prime time. (Yes, I work with the Squinky Labs dev.)
The resonance to my initial "call for patches" has been, well, a bit underwhelming ;)
If you've got some patches to share, zip them and attach the file to your reply in this thread !
If you mean patches in the *.vcv format, you could just pillage patchstorage.

Best,

dp

StudioDave wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 pmIf you mean patches in the *.vcv format, you could just pillage patchstorage.
Most of the patchstorage patches use non-open source modules and won't load / sound properly. The majory of them also seem to be complex, generative / self-playing patches with sequencers built into them.

For a DAW plugin which you can instantiate as many times as you want, we* need single, keyboard-playable sounds (e.g. basses, leads, keys, bells, pads, strings, brasses, stabs, bassdrums, hihats, snaredrums, etc).
*we as in "people who want to play the keyboard, ideally with expression controllers like modwheel / pitchbend / aftertouch, or use the DAW sequencer (or an external one) for composition"

bsp804 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:21 pm So, that's going to be it for a while.

I will contribute in time, for sure!
Have some stuff i need to get finished, first.

Then i'll work on a couple of patches to be included with VEESEEVEE :tu:
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

Thank you again. I thought the newest version fixed my audio problem but it was temporary. I hear a pop when I load the save and then it doesnt work. But it did one time not sure how that happened.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”