[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

bmanic wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:39 pm Ok looks like they are all included in the download.
Not all, but most of the best ones that are open source/free.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

any hopes for VeeSeeVCVRack on macOS?

Mutant wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:44 pm
bmanic wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:39 pm Ok looks like they are all included in the download.
Not all, but most of the best ones that are open source/free.
I meant the open source free ones obviously. :)

The information on Github is a bit misleading/confusing as it states the install comes with 32 modules and that there is an addon pack of over 600.. but they are all there in the VST install.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Many thanks for porting this!!! I've been playing with vst rack for about a week, longing to get it integrated into Reason 10. Looks like my prayers have been answered. Still much to learn!

Very interesting. I have always been a fan of modular stuff but never managed to get something released. Best wishes getting this tool developed :tu:

Is it possible for us users to convert VCV free modules so that they work within VeeSeeVST? I may have misunderstood the instructions of compiling VeeSeeVST and thought one could also add new dynamicly loaded modules oneself.

bmanic wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:01 pm Is it possible for us users to convert VCV free modules so that they work within VeeSeeVST? I may have misunderstood the instructions of compiling VeeSeeVST and thought one could also add new dynamicly loaded modules oneself.
I understand it the same way.
I just didn't get deep enough into the matter to actually be able to do it.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

yeah there is a new arp odessey mod and some other synth mods that I would love to see too

Been playing with this thing today and it's ridiculous how amazing it is. This is literally the best freebie synthesizer currently available. I can not think of a better freebie synth of any kind. This can do it all.. and not just be a synth but a complex FX system as well.

It also seems to be remarkably stable. I've yet to have a single crash.. though I've had some saved presets of mine open up in a weird manner.

Also.. any news on updates? Squinky Labs has apparently released a new module called Saws which seems to be a JP-8000 supersaw emulation. They've also updated a few older modules.

https://github.com/squinkylabs/SquinkyV ... e-notes.md

If you need help tracking what modules have been released since you last compiled the whole bunch I'm sure there are enough of us here to help out. :)

A few bugs:

Autodafe's formant filter and also the multimode filter modules have their graphics messed up.

Cheers!

Eventually the official version is gonna be a vst. A. Belt is working on that. Polyphonic cables are coming (awesome), sending CV to external hardware for total integration and a pletora of other stuff. Really looking forward to that and yes it's the most amazing freebie synth. The community is great also.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

I don't remember where I read the information but at least a few months ago the VST version of the official VCV was very far away.. several years away was mentioned and it was said to not be a priority at all at the moment.

.. so yeah, VeeSeeVST it is for me for now. It's exceptionally stable and extremely usable as is already.

Also, it's dead simple to create polyphonic synths in VeeSeeVST already. Just use something like the MIDI Poly 16 module to do it.. then set it up just like you would a real modular where you want polyphony.

VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

Awesome! Thanks for the links. I'm way too old for twitter so I totally missed this part. :hihi:

EDIT: Ok so looks like the old "several years" has now been put as "may take 1 year". We'll see. :)

Cheers!

Ha well, I wasn't too far off. hahaha (I knew the vst was a paid thingy also).

@bmanic Yes you can do it another way but it'll be easier when polyphonic cables come and you use less modules for that. We'll also be able to send notes polyphonically with VSTIs also which isn't possible yet. Maybe VSTi aren't for everybody inside VCV but I really dig it.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”