[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

bsp804 wrote:
deftinwulf wrote:[..]I'm using Ableton Live x64 9.7.4, and every time I open a project there's an odd "tuning upward to pitch" phenomenon that every instance of VeeSee experiences the first time it is played. As in, the note will start at perhaps 1.5 octaves below where it should be and then smoothly rise in pitch until it is at the correct tuning.[..]
The only oscillator that does this (probably a module bug) is LindenbergResearch's "Woldemar VCO".
Are you seeing the same issue with other VCOs as well ?
For Woldemar that is not a bug, it is a behavioral feature,
ie: meant to mimic oldskool analog vco after being switched on.

Thanks for all the recent updates/improvements and addons! Going like a train BSP!

I seriously hope Andrew will look into your source and adopt this whole fork of the VST version to combine it for the grand official 1.0 VCVRack release, that would totally blast both Softube Modular and Cherry Audio Voltage Modular to oblivion!

Patch on!!
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

lalo wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
lalo wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:What will happen with this development port when the official VCVRack is released as a commercial VST?
is this in Andrew's plans?
As far as i remember he choosed to go the "bridged" path because it works better for his own workflow.
So i think that is not in his plans to do a VST version. And VCV is open source.
Personally i really prefer the "integrated" VST path of VeeSeeVST.
I was reading this over in another thread where a commercial VST of VCVRack is discussed
where's the thread?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p7163791 :oops:

In the first post on the page

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=489230&start=465
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:What will happen with this development port when the official VCVRack is released as a commercial VST?
What do you think will happen ? VCVRv2VST will be a new plugin, with a new code base (possibly not open source anymore). I wish Andrew the best in his future endeavours.

p.s.: keeping up with all the OS and DAW idiosyncrasies is a full time job. Let alone the support efforts. Just pay him his well earned 70 (?) bucks in a year or so and keep on patching

p.p.s.: and buy Softube Classic Channel Mk2, it's one of my favourite VSTs ;)

p.p.p.s: and the Gentleman's edition of Tokyo Dawn Record's VST plugins. They are awesome !

"Both the Macro Oscillator and Quantum modules are working fine, I just tried them (using the 64 bit version of the plugin)."

Theyre not working for me in FL studio or ableton 9. I tried again this morning. I turn the knob and it doesnt respond just sits on Saw wave. The Quantum modulae is supposed to allow us to click up to 5 dots to turn them ON which represents notes on a keybaord. it does nothing.

Hi bsp! I have a question regarding the inner machinations of the modules
So let's take two XCO modules (handy since it has a phase modifier), sine wave of the first XCO will go to to an x of the Scope, sine wave of a second XCO will go to y. They appear to be in phase, one on top of each other. One will stay at 0V, then I change the frequency of the second XCO, then double click to bring it to default 0V, it appears to be out of phase with the first wave. Why is that? Only way I found to reset the phase would be to hook a Trigger MKII/III or a clock module to Sync. But It has to be triggered manually every time.
Trying these with fundamental VCO's, and they actually just start out of phase by default. This is true for standalone version as well. Can you explain this?

bionrg wrote:
bsp804 wrote:
deftinwulf wrote:[..]I'm using Ableton Live x64 9.7.4, and every time I open a project there's an odd "tuning upward to pitch" phenomenon that every instance of VeeSee experiences the first time it is played. As in, the note will start at perhaps 1.5 octaves below where it should be and then smoothly rise in pitch until it is at the correct tuning.[..]
The only oscillator that does this (probably a module bug) is LindenbergResearch's "Woldemar VCO".
Are you seeing the same issue with other VCOs as well ?
For Woldemar that is not a bug, it is a behavioral feature,
ie: meant to mimic oldskool analog vco after being switched on.

Thanks for all the recent updates/improvements and addons! Going like a train BSP!

I seriously hope Andrew will look into your source and adopt this whole fork of the VST version to combine it for the grand official 1.0 VCVRack release, that would totally blast both Softube Modular and Cherry Audio Voltage Modular to oblivion!

Patch on!!
Why do you want to blast SM and CA into oblivion? That’s not the point.

LunarPierro wrote:So let's take two XCO modules (handy since it has a phase modifier), sine wave of the first XCO will go to to an x of the Scope, sine wave of a second XCO will go to y. They appear to be in phase, one on top of each other. One will stay at 0V, then I change the frequency of the second XCO, then double click to bring it to default 0V, it appears to be out of phase with the first wave. Why is that?
It is normal for a free running oscillator.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

@LunarPierro: What Mutant said. This is normal behaviour (the phase changes depending on the the frequency so both oscillators will become unaligned when they play different pitches).

Changelog:

Code: Select all

** September 9th, 2018
- ui: clamp param value to min/max range when pasting param via ctrl-e
- add module bsp.DownSampler
  • The param clamping fix is actually quite critical since pasting out-of-range params could have caused crashes in the previous releases
  • The DownSampler module records audio into a ringbuffer (~10 seconds) and plays it back at a lower sample rate (/1../8). The trigger input resets the record and play heads. A typical application for this are lo-fi dub techno chords: https://vimeo.com/288968750
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-09Sep2018.7z
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-09Sep2018.7z

But what about when they play the same frequency? Shouldnt they be in phase with each other?

LunarPierro wrote:But what about when they play the same frequency? Shouldnt they be in phase with each other?
Only when the start phase is the same (gate -> sync), plus it depends on how the oscillator module is implemented.
Some modules have a hard-coded, analog-like pitch-drift built into them. The Fundamental.VCO-1 module for example has an option to turn that off ("DIGI" mode).

BSP, it appears you are correct about the Woldemar VCO being the culprit. I was using it so extensively that it seemed as though every instance of VeeSee was exhibiting that behavior, but I think it was just that one module. I can only hope the maker will eventually allow that feature to be toggled off. For now, I'll use other VCOs.

Thank you for your continued support of VeeSee. I just installed the newest build and really appreciate the ongoing improvements. You rock!

LunarPierro wrote:But what about when they play the same frequency? Shouldnt they be in phase with each other?
Not if the phase doesn't reset on key press.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

HI what is that vst host you are using in your videos? Is there something special about it?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”