SoloRack v1.4 Seven new modules

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting. I had Tasman for a while but never tried that module.

I was also looking at this: http://tiptopaudio.com/one/
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

S0lo wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:01 pm Interesting. I had Tasman for a while but never tried that module.

If create a drum trigger module for the drum samplers, can create drum machine.

dt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vaz Modular has a really good selection of sample based modules including a sample player, a wavetable osc and a granular osc. Unfortunately not for sale any longer but the demo is still available if you want to check it out.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

student9v wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:37 pm
S0lo wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:01 pm Interesting. I had Tasman for a while but never tried that module.

If create a drum trigger module for the drum samplers, can create drum machine.

dt.jpg
Just tried it in voltage. Cool module. There is so much to think of when you go MIDI. The Hermod is one of those advanced MIDI to CV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM-MsQ1L98U
www.solostuff.net

kingtubby wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:00 pm Vaz Modular has a really good selection of sample based modules including a sample player, a wavetable osc and a granular osc. Unfortunately not for sale any longer but the demo is still available if you want to check it out.
I actually tried Vaz quickly before but never latched with it's user interface. But people keep swearing by it. I still have the demo installed.
www.solostuff.net

S0lo wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:27 pm
kingtubby wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:00 pm Vaz Modular has a really good selection of sample based modules including a sample player, a wavetable osc and a granular osc. Unfortunately not for sale any longer but the demo is still available if you want to check it out.
I actually tried Vaz quickly before but never latched with it's user interface. But people keep swearing by it. I still have the demo installed.
Yeah, it's not for everyone ;) but I'm a long time user and it clicked with me. It has a terrific range of modules, including some Buchla inspired stuff.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

S0lo wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:35 pm Just tried it in voltage. Cool module. There is so much to think of when you go MIDI. The Hermod is one of those advanced MIDI to CV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM-MsQ1L98U
Very interesting module.

I tried 2 weeks with Cherry. I liked the sequencer and the drum trigger. It's comfortable. But I stayed with Tassman, because it does not heavily load the processor.

I continued to look for a modern modular, and now I try SoloRack. I really like that the processor is not loaded. I like the sound. But probably, I would like a more powerful and smart sequencer and a sample player with a drum-trigger.

Another point that I liked in Cherry: the cables are noticeable if you select the module. Then it is noticeable what connections are in the module. Conveniently. But I'm thinking about buying SoloRack, hoping to get new modules.

student9v wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:26 amI continued to look for a modern modular, and now I try SoloRack. I really like that the processor is not loaded. I like the sound. But probably, I would like a more powerful and smart sequencer and a sample player with a drum-trigger.
Regarding the SB11 sequencer. You could use multiple modules to achieve more complex sequences. For example, Have a look at the preset called "32 Step Sequencer" in the "Templates". It shows how to stack two 16 step sequencers to achieve a 32 step sequencer using a sequential switch. (Click play in your DAW to use that preset).

The SB12 trigger sequencer can be used to drive the SB11. And because it's ratcheting, it can achieve longer and more complex rhythmic sequences. It's Hard to describe this with text. Has to be seen in action.
www.solostuff.net

Thanks for the tip. Found in the "Basic Examples". It's cool!

I'm using the demo, and it's quickly getting to the top of my favorites as far as soft modulars go. Very nice job! I have a few suggestions for the next versions.
- Make the documentation accessible offline. Many of us keep our main music machines off the cloud, so it's quite inconvenient when you need to find out more about a specific module. No need for fancy PDF manuals, just the current text snippets would do.
- Give the user a way to read the parameter values on screen.

ladybugs wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:06 pm I'm using the demo, and it's quickly getting to the top of my favorites as far as soft modulars go. Very nice job! I have a few suggestions for the next versions.
- Make the documentation accessible offline. Many of us keep our main music machines off the cloud, so it's quite inconvenient when you need to find out more about a specific module. No need for fancy PDF manuals, just the current text snippets would do.
Thanks. I'll put that in the my requests list
ladybugs wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:06 pm - Give the user a way to read the parameter values on screen.
For the time being, if what you want is to duplicate a knob value. You can right click on a knob and copy/paste to another knob.
www.solostuff.net

Thanks for the quick reply! I wasn't expecting it so soon. I appreciate you taking note of the offline documentation request.
S0lo wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:30 pm
ladybugs wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:06 pm - Give the user a way to read the parameter values on screen.
For the time being, if what you want is to duplicate a knob value. You can right click on a knob and copy/paste to another knob.
About the knobs: it's actually more about being able to dial in a precise value than simply copy/pasting. For example, I'm trying to make a comb filter that is tunable by MIDI (CV) input. The delay time needs to be modulated quite precisely with a reciprocal-like function of the CV signal. That's where accurate, repeatable decimal values could help.

I see what you mean.

For the comb filter example. Try for now to use an inverter like the S910 (or did you already do that?). Tweak the time knob/CV knob untl you get a decent result. The thing with the time here is that it's not linear, while MIDI to CV is linear in voltage. That comb wasn't really designed for key tracking. It's better on modulation effects.
www.solostuff.net

I see, thank you. I will keep on tweaking anyway! :wink:

One more thing I noticed is that the input ("From DAW" module) doesn't seem to produce any aux bus in Reaper that I can send signals to.

For the extra inputs/outputs, you need to use the multi input/output version of the plugin. "SoloRack Multi InOut.dll"

http://www.solostuff.net/product/sa11-audiocv-from-daw/
http://www.solostuff.net/product/sa12-audiocv-to-daw/
www.solostuff.net

Return to “Modular Synthesis”