Auddict Releases HEXERACT - The New Generation of Software Synth VST/AU/AAX 50% Off

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like a skin for Absynth :D
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Will there be a demo version?

Is HEXERACT multi-touch capable and friendly?

Important to me and the increasing number of users with multi-touch screens.

Went to the HICE site but need to sign up to search their forum.

Is there any reason why this synth is so damn quiet? Using as a VST/64 in Maschine and it just sounds really weak - tried the standalone version and that's the same

glen_stanbridge wrote:Is there any reason why this synth is so damn quiet? Using as a VST/64 in Maschine and it just sounds really weak - tried the standalone version and that's the same
I addressed the volume issue by adding a saturation effect on the master, turning 100% wet, 0% saturation, and raising the pre-gain. This is a poor workaround. The master volume control should have have a +db range.

There's are other issues as well.

There is no way to get to INIT without reloading the plugin. No tool tips. No manual. Lack of tool-tips is especially egregious when patching. The jack points for oscillator mods aren't labeled, so you can't see what they are until you try to patch them.

For most controls, there is no way to specify a value, and some controls are too coarse when dragging them on-screen, and not very responsive, making it very difficult to set the value you want. Cutoff is the worst offender here. At minimum, there should be a way to exercise finer control on a knob, with a modifier perhaps. If that's possible, I haven't found it yet.

The curve on the envelopes are also way too steep. It shouldn't take an 4 second decay to get usable 1 second decay on a filter, but it does.

Keyfollow makes no sense. C-1, set at 1400Hz with keyfollow off, is roughly equivalent to 10,500Hz with Keyfollow on.

I've had issues getting the volume envelope release to work, requiring a restart.

There are CPU issues. Uses 97% on one core sitting idle. (Skylake i7 2.9Ghz).

I also wouldn't call this a modular synth. Just because it uses a patch-cable UI to represent modulation doesn't make it modular. It's no more modular than Serum, Spire, or Zebra2. Less, really.

This thing feels like an early beta. It's not worth even the 50% discounted price in it's current state. I have buyer's regret. Hopefully it will improve.

So I'm posting this here because I can't seem to find any kind of forums, or even website, for the developers (not a good thing).

Anyway, when I load this into my DAW (In my case, Reason 10), I get horrible pops, glitches, static, etc. This is absolutely the only plugin I have that does this and I've already checked things like the number of voices and so on.

If I run it standalone, it's fine. Also, if I click on the settings icon, I can set things like sample rate and buffer size. If I click on the icon in my DAW, those settings are unavailable. On top of that, if I set these in the standalone, then open it in the DAW, then go back to the standalone, those settings have been changed.

What gives, and any ideas on how to I get rid of those pops and glitches in Reason?

gevarre wrote:So I'm posting this here because I can't seem to find any kind of forums, or even website, for the developers (not a good thing).
How did you manage to buy it if you can't find their website?
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

teilo wrote: There is no way to get to INIT without reloading the plugin.
Can't you just load the plugin once and save the startup state as an init patch?

kingtubby wrote: How did you manage to buy it if you can't find their website?
Sorry, I got a little confused because hexeract is put out by Auddict, but Hexeract also has their own website. I did finally manage to find the Auddict site, but again, they don't have their own forums, so trying to find info on their various products is difficult because it's spread out across multiple forums instead of being managed and being replied to by their actual staff.

That being said, I did also figure out that the reason there are no settings for latency and so on in the plug-in is because that's handled by the main Reason preferences. That was me being an idiot. And the pops do seem to happen no matter what I set those preferences to, but now I'm noticing it in a couple other plug-ins that use samples, but nearly as much as Hexeract. Still, that means it's not necessarily them and I need to find other solutions beyond the generic "change your latency". But I guess that's a Reason thing.

teilo wrote: There is no way to get to INIT without reloading the plugin.
INIT is a preset. You can load it anytime you want
Fernando (FMR)

apparently 1.1.0 adds MPE compatability. I would like to know how easy it is as quite a few synths are MPE compatible but if you have to spend ages mapping parameters it is not worth it for me

Looks great, but really want to demo it first. It's like buying a car without testing it. :D

How many of you have jumped in? Kind of interested...not sure how much it with add that i dont already have....
Any news on MPE?

shroom81 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:24 am Looks like a skin for Absynth :D
It sounds like a skin for Absynth with a different set of effects.

Not sure I'm happy paying for software built over GNU license.

Looks crap. Sounds great.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”