alpha forever...upcoming modular synth

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CtrC,ctrV works in bitwig, in reaper, perhaps, using the bridge could resolve it.
About saving your own designer, for now, just copy the designer and paste it in an external text editor, save it.
Agree about the need of an internal presets and designer manager, the dev will release something in the futur.
Best
YY

Copy and paste works in Reaper if the plug is running : separate process.
Best
YY

Awesome! Good to know.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Just playing with the demo version here
I have noticed that sometimes switching presets results in a blank panel and no sound ,
Using the mousewheel to scroll trough presets , then scrolling back .. the previous preset has vanished and no sound
Host is renoise , win 10
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:06 pm Just playing with the demo version here
I have noticed that sometimes switching presets results in a blank panel and no sound ,
Using the mousewheel to scroll trough presets , then scrolling back .. the previous preset has vanished and no sound
Host is renoise , win 10
That's actually a limitation of the demo version. You can only load each preset once in a session. You have to reload the plugin to load a preset a second time.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Ahh , o.k . :tu:

Anyone else not that impressed with the quality of the filters ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

A new update got released today with enhancements and new features.

Updates
- Custom selections and designers can be loaded and saved using the palette
- Free collection of useful patch segments is available to download from the afmodular.com website
- The palette received push buttons for copy / paste
- Several nodes received additional outputs (Crossfade GUI, Gain Lin, Trg -> Gate, 1-pole filter, Unison, Envelope Follower Modulated)
- CTRL + X hotkey added

Fixes:
- Right clicking will not erase the clipboard anymore
- More events are saved in the undo history
- Keyboard compatibility fixes (Reaper needs bridging)
- The maximum delay time of delay related nodes (comb filter, allpass filter, delay, delay bank) is fixed in milliseconds, not sample rate dependent anymore
- Plug descriptions are rendered above wires
- Minor fixes
- GUI speed enhancements

All the sounds in this video where synthesized and processed using Alpha Forever instances only:
https://youtu.be/42ooxTkuK3A
Alpha Forever Modular
Web // Youtube // Facebook //
Instagram // Discord

Alpha Forever is now my favourite modular. I used and liked Vaz very much, but it's still 32 bit and thanks to some bridging issues, i'm very grateful that Alpha Forever was released. I also bought Voltage Modular before AF (also a very nice modular), but i feel a bit more "home" with AF. The Osc and filter are top. And the flexibility with the maths are great fun. Creating sequences and stuff. Only down side is that Studio One 4 has problems with recognising the multi output, but i've opened a ticket now, and hope that they can fix it. For now i'm using it in Renoise. And it is so worth it! 😁

We just released a new tutorial session (this is our 13th noding session btw.). We use exotic gate sources for LFO's, envelopes and envelope followers. The ideas can be applied to other system as well, so the video might be interesting even for non-AF users.

https://youtu.be/KT6kDIngJ14
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

This synth looks awesome! Any updates on when a mac version might be released?

^this

This looks really interesting

What differentiates it from other modular environments like max or reaktor?

I'm in the 'bored by linear daws' camp but also the 'too thick for max' camp

Using Renoise mainly and want some extra modular vst potential

sell away

We just released the 14th noding session. We create new envelope types and will also make use of all the outputs of the ADSR node. The result is going to be a polyphonic evolving pad, which will make use of the wavetable oscillator as well, but this video is more a workflow tutorial than a sound design session. As usual, most of the ideas here can be applied to other system as well.

https://youtu.be/rsET2XynDPw
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

bundoo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 am This looks really interesting

What differentiates it from other modular environments like max or reaktor?

I'm in the 'bored by linear daws' camp but also the 'too thick for max' camp

Using Renoise mainly and want some extra modular vst potential

sell away
Hi! I'm one of the two developers, so i would be biased to compare our software against others on the market. So the most i can do is to write some of the features that make this software unique.

- Alpha Forever is truly polyphonic, the editor is zoomable, the window is resizable
- The software is lightweight and optimised
- Modulation is audio rate: there's only one kind of cable, you may plug it everywhere
- You can create feedback loops
- Knobs are interpolated, oscillators are bandlimited, filters sound clean, envelopes are fast
- 8 audio inputs and outputs are available
- Stability: my Ableton Live based live act features more than 30 instances of Alpha Forever and i'm not afraid to bring it on stage
- A demo version is available with a few limitations only: it does not save presets and one preset can be opened only once in a session

I hope, this answer was helpful.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

9b0 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:44 pm - You can create feedback loops
A bit of a noob question I suppose, but are these feedback loops analog-style zero-delay, or are they subject to one-sample latency? Is zero-delay even feasible with arbitrary signal chains such as modulars in the first place?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”