alpha forever...upcoming modular synth

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When or if the developers appear in this thread (and I can understand why they would avoid us at all costs) a simple question: Is this going to be very CPU hungry? Will it be multicore friendly? Thanks.
<List your stupid gear here>

It is out!

50€ vat included. Really cheap. I have to try it yet, as soon as I get to the studio. Very excited about this, I hope it works OK with my system.

it works like a charm on a quadcore laptop a little cpu heavy but its fine for complex shit but not for everyday use
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

It works nicely on my system: w10, i7 7700k, bitwig, and the CPU usage is very low, even with poly patches.
The UI , scalable, zoomable, is really nice, and their module designer is great too.
Copy and paste works like a breath.

I hope, we could be able to make some Mpe patches with the poly ID module , for now, I just scratched the surface of this new instrument!
Great demo/trial system and great price !
Wish the best to Alpha forever.
Best
YY

Can you route audio through it?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 pm Can you route audio through it?
Yes. There is a fx version.

Fernando Carvalho wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:30 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:25 pm Can you route audio through it?
Yes. There is a fx version.
:tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I can't get it to work in StudioOne v3. It opens just fine, but StudioOne does not create any channel/output for the instrument. I downloaded the new StudioOne v4 demo (i've been on the fence about that one), but same result. =(

Hi Charlie,
You should write to Alpha forever via Facebook messages, they are very responsive and nice.
A question, when you try the plug in instrument, and try some presets, you don't have any sound and any output appears in the studio one console?
Best
YY

Hi, WhyWhy! Yes, no sound or output channel gets created when opening the vst. I've tried to fix this manually without result. It's as if StudioOne thinks it's an Fx instrument or something . :-S For the record, just tried Alpha Forever in Renoise, where it works fine!

Charlie Firpo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:27 pm Hi, WhyWhy! Yes, no sound or output channel gets created when opening the vst. I've tried to fix this manually without result. It's as if StudioOne thinks it's an Fx instrument or something . :-S For the record, just tried Alpha Forever in Renoise, where it works fine!
There are TWO plug-ins installed. One is an FX, the other is the Instrument. In REAPER, I have Alpha Forever Effect and Alpha Forever Instrument.
Fernando (FMR)

Fmr, i'm aware of the fx version, so i double checked and it's the Alpha Forever Instrument i'm using. I googled, and it seems like a few users had similar problems with Absynth 5.

Charlie Firpo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:02 pm Fmr, i'm aware of the fx version, so i double checked and it's the Alpha Forever Instrument i'm using. I googled, and it seems like a few users had similar problems with Absynth 5.
So, may we assume it is related with Studio One, then?
Fernando (FMR)

Yeah, i guess so! I tried it in Reaper now , and no problems with the output. Worked perfect. But StudioOne is my main daw , i will contact the AF team about this.:)

Good to hear it is out... looking forward to whenever there is a Mac version! Good luck devs!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”