alpha forever...upcoming modular synth

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:33 am Awesome! Any news on updates? I'd love to see Alpha Forver really take off in a huge way.
Hey! A new development version should come this week, but it's not 100% sure yet. I'll post about it here anyways. The new version will have some big improvements, and lots of minor tweaks and enhancements.
Alpha Forever Modular
Web // Youtube // Facebook //
Instagram // Discord

The new development build is available already! Check this video for a guide on the new features:
https://youtu.be/mATi0FKDm9s

Details:
https://www.afmodular.com/devlog/update-20190730
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Awesome!! Lots of nice improvments! Thank you guys!

Charlie Firpo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:28 pm Awesome!! Lots of nice improvments! Thank you guys!
We are glad to read this! We hope, the new features will make noding more fun! If you happen to have any requests / suggestions, just let us know.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Awesome!!! Very nice update.

Hope more people start to play with Alpha Forever. It's one of the most underrated pieces of software available!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:11 pm Hope more people start to play with Alpha Forever. It's one of the most underrated pieces of software available!
+1

Alpha Forever is really awesome! Very comfortable to work with thanks to a nice balance between low level modulars and emulation style modulars. The workflow is fast and smooth.
Just starting to dive in (working with it less than a week) and already became a big fan! Looking forward to further development. Very interesting how far things will go with this.
And the materials that developers regularly posting is very very helpful and interesting.
Wish I have enough expertise to work as fast as shown on the patching videos :)
Also the wavetable oscsillator sounds beautiful! The included wavetables are very useful.
Great work! :clap:

If this will be "alpha" forever then never will be released :)

bmanic wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:11 pm Awesome!!! Very nice update.

Hope more people start to play with Alpha Forever. It's one of the most underrated pieces of software available!
We hope the same, but we hope, the plug-in is not underrated, just a bit out of focus currently (people mostly connect modular systems with rack based synths, while node editors are mostly thought of as visual programming languages). We know: to be Windows only helps not much in getting a wider audience, but we hope, we will be able to change this situation with time.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

giant_panda wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:17 am +1

Alpha Forever is really awesome! Very comfortable to work with thanks to a nice balance between low level modulars and emulation style modulars. The workflow is fast and smooth.
Just starting to dive in (working with it less than a week) and already became a big fan! Looking forward to further development. Very interesting how far things will go with this.
And the materials that developers regularly posting is very very helpful and interesting.
Wish I have enough expertise to work as fast as shown on the patching videos :)
Also the wavetable oscsillator sounds beautiful! The included wavetables are very useful.
Great work! :clap:
Thanks for the kind words! We hope, the upcoming releases will be even more fun.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

A new Alpha Forever noding session is available. This time it's a glitchy pluck synth with heavy delay modulation.

https://youtu.be/KhsiiHx6VnU
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

9b0 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:17 pm
s28 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:08 am I am using the 10.0.19 beta and I meant context menu, it's not there for me...
The screenshot was taken either from 10.1.b17 or 10.1.b18, i'm not sure by now, since we are at 10.1.b19 in the meantime. :)

Anyways... this issue is solved since then. In the development build (which is accessible for customers) hiDPI rendering is already implemented, It should be featured in the next official update (no release date yet, we are working on some new features). Thanks for letting us know about this issue. If you have any questions anytime about AFModular, just let us know, we will try to answer / solve things as fast as possible!

I just tried the demo again but still a no go. Using vst2, live 10.1 on Windows 8. No context menu option so it's still unusable, I hope it gets fixed as this looks really good.

s28 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:46 am I just tried the demo again but still a no go. Using vst2, live 10.1 on Windows 8. No context menu option so it's still unusable, I hope it gets fixed as this looks really good.
The demo version is not updated since then, since there was no official update released since february. Customers have access to development builds, hiDPI is supported there since april (amongst lots of other new features).

The development builds support everything mentioned in the devlog:
https://www.afmodular.com/devlog
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

AFNoding session #29 is available. It was time to fix the clock.

https://youtu.be/6vqo805eSMk
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

This noding session is all about reverberation. Hope, you'll have fun with it!

https://youtu.be/4eGN5EGPHOc
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Alpha Forever, I don't just understand how this synth is flying under the radar. IMO, AF sounds better than a Quantum/Kyra.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”