New Reaktor Buchla-based modular synth: Lyrebird

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Inspired by a recent post about another Reaktor Modular synth I made some videos about, heres another one I also made some video tutorials about; seems almost like an R6 version of Wellenrieter, with its two detailed sample-players nestled inside an amazingly powerful modular manipulation engine, this one inspired by the Buchla Music Box. (If I'm violating any rules or offending in any way with this, just pipe up and I'll quit it!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C61le9 ... load_owner

As far as I'm concerned, bring 'em on.
Thanks for link and recommendation. (The link you posted is for Part Two.)
You could start a topic like Reaktor Gems and add to it if you think you might want to add more in the future.
Single topic for single ensemble/instrument is good, too.

Cool, thanks! I thought this one would be of more interest than the first part which is just about how the knobs work, interesting and essential for users, but not of as much "how's-it-sound?" pertinence:)

There's a free tutorial on using this tomorrow

https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=lectur ... ncb3tukqn2

Wouldn't miss it:)

There's also a $20 reduction for the first 100 purchasers using a code in this article:

https://ask.audio/articles/patching-a-b ... ni-reaktor

Has anybody bitten? With 2 hours to go I am on the fence still. Impressions?

Edit: Are any waveforms being generated here?

Is this a tool for working mainly with single cycle waveforms or FSU on longer samples?

TLDW:
yes
both…anything from single cycle up to 4 sec.

In video:
Wavetable around 3:40, 9:08, 14:10
Generated around 5:30
FSU 19:50
Single-cycle 23:10

lnikj wrote:Has anybody bitten? With 2 hours to go I am on the fence still.
Yes but not had much time with - sounds interesting - gui tiny

aMUSEd wrote: gui tiny
True that! A bigger GUI would be my only wish… But after a couple of days or so with it on a retina display, I got the controls down and stopped bothering with screen zooming. Does fit nicely with other standard blocks, which was the design objective, says Matthew.

David wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: gui tiny
True that! A bigger GUI would be my only wish… But after a couple of days or so with it on a retina display, I got the controls down and stopped bothering with screen zooming. Does fit nicely with other standard blocks, which was the design objective, says Matthew.
I wouldn't mind so much if I could just map it to my hardware but currently it doesn't seem learnable

OK. Swayed. Thanks for replying. See you in an hour (as an utter newbie).

aMUSEd wrote:
I wouldn't mind so much if I could just map it to my hardware but currently it doesn't seem learnable
Good question for Matthew!

This needs a GUI overhaul. The knobs are far too small to work with!

I passed since examples weren't musical.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”