Beta testing of X64 VST3/VST2 KX77FREE plug-ins

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

I'm sorry I haven't had more commitment to help you by testing the synths, I've had way too much work and simply been too tired to even launch the DAW on most evenings. And when I've done that, I've just played a bit with piano sound to keep the fingers alive.

Hi .jon,

No problems, take your time.

We progress about SE and I believe than I will do the final releases in few months, perhaps before.
I given to Jeff some requests about Midi out, presets management, better DX render compatibility with obsolete GPUs.
But the last versions of my VSTs are stable to be used on fat DAW sessions.

Xavier

17/06/2017 - Update of Kx Modulad: ver 4.03b*
Fixed bug:
- Improvement of VCF1, EGs and Fx1 selectors on mouse click down.

Xavier

Ps: the b replaces the a uploaded few hours before the b...

Another track done with my x64 plug-ins. The best way to debug, it's to make complex Cubase 96k sessions to stress the computer.
I done the first version of this track with the old betas, I finalized the track with intermediate versions and I can reload and play this session with the last versions.
Because I use Camstudio to record the MP4, fat polyphonic patches with oversampling processes on 96k and 2 audio tracks in 32 bit float, my laptop is close to its limits but all is running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGf4LjsLhvE

29-30/06/2017 - Update of main x64 plug-ins (beta - VST3 - VST2):
Kx Synth x16 6.04 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.04 / Kx PolyMod 2.04a / Kx Modulad 4.04a
Fixed bugs:
- Oscillators: x64 error code (shifted index), the S/N was decreased to -90 dBFs instead of -120 dBFs.
- SFO: x64 bug, some Soundfonts were reseted always to the first bank.

Good job! I quickly tested all 3 plugins: KX SYNTH X16, Kx PolyM CSE & KX MODULAD. They worked on FL Studio 12, Reaper v5.4 & Tracktion 5. I'm on Windows 7 (64 bit). No loading problems and I was able to make sounds with them.

A couple of weeks ago I tested SE v1.2 and exported the default projects that came with it. I wasn't able to make them run in my DAWs. It was very problematic.

Edit: I noticed some minor GUI glitches in FL Studio. The VU meter would disappear and then reappear. No big deal though. Multiple instance worked fine so far in FL Studio 12.

SampleScience wrote:Good job! I quickly tested all 3 plugins: KX SYNTH X16, Kx PolyM CSE & KX MODULAD. They worked on FL Studio 12, Reaper v5.4 & Tracktion 5. I'm on Windows 7 (64 bit). No loading problems and I was able to make sounds with them.

A couple of weeks ago I tested SE v1.2 and exported the default projects that came with it. I wasn't able to make them run in my DAWs. It was very problematic.

Edit: I noticed some minor GUI glitches in FL Studio. The VU meter would disappear and then reappear. No big deal though. Multiple instance worked fine so far in FL Studio 12.
Thx, I notified also this minor bug, it's a good bug because it appears when the bar_graph input is over. Actually I do not use the last of last SE SDK because we work on transparency png bug and bad bar_graph position following its audio input.
Because I code myself my SEM I can avoid some SE bugs by doing some regressions about its SDK code used but I try to match with the last SDK.
I hope Jeff will finish to debug SE in this summer, so all SE devs who do not code will use SE 1.2 x64 to make simply theirs VSTis.

About all bugs notified in this topic, they are only with the last x64 versions.
I do not need to update my x86 VSTis because they are stable since several months. I will update them only if it's necessary.

I done my last tracks with the different versions of my "beta", I used a lot of instances on 96k.
So even if I consider them like beta, it's uniquely for justify these tests because you can use them to make music, if I can do, you can do. All my users know that I will not provide something if I have a serious doubt about the main stability of my VSTis.
All VA softwares have always bugs.

Xavier

15/08/2017 - Update of main plug-ins (x86 - x64):
x64: Kx Synth x16 6.05 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.05 / Kx PolyMod 2.05 / Kx Modulad 4.05
x86: Kx-Synth-x16 5.2 / Kx-PolyM-CSE 1.2 / Kx-PolyMod 1.64 / Kx-Modulad 3.2
- Oscillator Sync quality improved (x86 and x64).
- Clip leds added (internal signal clipped to +6 dBFs, x64 only).
Fixed bugs:
- x64 Kx PolyM CSE: Lfo speed knob blocked.
- x86 Kx-Modulad: Render button stayed on after a waveform render if the plugin windows setting was always on front (x86 Cubase 8.5.3 on Win 10).

About the beta tests, I updated the "FOR-TESTS-ONLY.zip" with a beta of Kx Synth x16 done with the SE 1.2405 to verify the last x64 SE DSP stability.
The current betas are done with SE 1.2399.

Xavier

19/11/2017 - Update of main x64 plug-ins (Releases - VST3 - VST2):
Kx Synth x16 6.06 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.06 / Kx PolyMod 2.06 / Kx Modulad 4.06

Various improvements and bug fixes on 64 bit versions.
Made with the latest stable version of SE (1.2412) and with the latest SDK3 (c++).
Parameter indexes have been fixed to preserve compatibility between future versions.
These versions pass the main tests of the Steinberg tool to check the VST3.
The period of beta testing with end users is over.

Fixed bugs:
- XML presets: the file extension has been replaced by *.xmlpreset.
KX SYNTH X16:
- Cubase: correct initialization of each voice when the plug-in is initialized off (button on off of the Cubase window).
- Matrix controllers: after initialization of the plug-in they switch to static mode (10% of CPU use won).
- Parameters: they have been renamed and all the parameters of the matrix have been defined in private mode (not listed in the automation of your DAW) to simplify their management.
KX POLYM CSE and all by default:
- The FX filters are correctly initialized after a sample rate change.

About x64 VST:

VST2 recommended for VSTHost:
The GUI editor of VSTHost 1.56 stays incompatible when the plug-ins are used in VST3 not in VST2. VST3 GUI works fine only with VSTHost 1.54.

Recommended Fruity Loop VST settings:
Select "Use fixed size buffers" in the plug-in options to win 25% of CPU use!

Recommended Reaper VST settings:
With small Asio buffers if you experimented Reaper bugs when you reloaded a session without to close Reaper before.
To fix it > Preference > Plug-ins > VST > "Allow complete unload of VST plug-ins" (to clean all current session memory).
If you listen audio "pops" when you edit something on Reaper with Asio4All.
To fix it > FX windows > Compatibility settings > "Save minimal undo steps".

SF2 banks:
Possible ASIO buffer drop-out when loading large SF2 banks (with small buffers),
just avoid to play the session when the bank is loading (to do list).

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".
2- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.
3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2) and copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2" or in your usual x64 VST2 folder...
4- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the VST3i plug-ins.
Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files or your XML presets. If else you must save in your Document folder of your account or out of protected Windows folders.

kx77free wrote:31/12/2017 - New plug-in - SE PolyMod KX (open se1 - VST3 - VST2 - AU - VST2 x86)

One track added: "Electronic Music Immersion - Part 3 - Border line in grey sky", Cubase session in 48k, 21 instances of x64 VST3, 27 min, encoded in WMA 24 bit/48k.

I played this track when I debugged my x64 instruments and also to test a new plug-in, SE PolyMod KX. I'm building this one to help the SE community to debug SE 1.3 with a synthesizer similar of my actual PolyMod but to simplify all and to export it in APPLE format (AU) this plug-in uses only the original SE SEM* provided with SynthEdit (oscillator, filters, adsr...). I provide also its SE1 file and its skin elements (see its license) by this way that will be more easy to debug the last SE 1.3 and SE 1.4. This plug-in is polyphonic but as its internal sample rate is oversampled up to 8 ( 3, 4, 8) all of its 104 presets are monophonic by default. On Win VST I grouped the original SE SEM to reduce the size of files.

*This plug-in is available for OSX but I have not any APPLE PC to test it, I just exported this one in AU format with the last SE 1.4. To compile SEM for OSX an APPLE computer is necessary. You're welcome to help us to debug SE AU plug-ins...
http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page.html
http://kx77free.free.fr/data/wma/2017/E ... ey-sky.wma

I came looking for a new track (listening as I type - wonderful!) and found a whole new synth!
The x86 version even runs in VSTHost on a Vista machine - though I certainly wouldn't recommend a Core Duo to anyone wanting to play more than one note at a time ...

Do I understand correctly that this is built entirely with the standard SE modules - and none of your own code? If so, Jeff has really surpassed himself with this new version. It sounds fantastic.
Unfortunately I don't have SE 1.2 on my system, so I can't open the source file - but thank you for making it available: I'm sure there are lots of developers who will benefit from studying it.

What a great way to end the year!
Have a truly fabulous 2018, M. Kalensky - and please keep the music coming: I'm already looking forward to Electronic Music Immersion Part 4!
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

Thanks Syntilla.

I updated my url:
06/01/2018 - Update of SE PolyMod KX
AU version:
AU tested by SE team, it works!
Done with SE 1.3229.
x86 version:
VST2 built with SE 1.3229.

SE is a very good modular software with powerful c++ SDK and great features:
- Run and Static mode management.
- Native speed for c++ SEM.
- SDK3 for Windows and OSX (same code for both OS).
- New great VA filters.
- New DX GUI compatible OSX.
- Oversampling in container (up x32).
- Easy to use for novices in modular synthesis.
- Export on PC in AU,VST2 and VST3 (x86 and x64).
- Cheap license.
- Good support.
etc...

Xavier

I'm curious to know, what are the bugs for the AU SE plugins (if any)?

http://kx77free.free.fr/

I updated the SE PolyMod KX and registred it in KVR database for more visibility.

02/04/2018 - Update of x64 plug-ins SE PolyMod KX (v1.02) and Kx Modulad (v4.06a)

One track added: "Electronic Music Immersion - Part 4 - Raimbow Sunset", Cubase session in 96k, 18 instances of x64 VST3, 19 min, encoded in WMA 24 bit/96k.

Kx Modulad:
Fixed bug: possible overload of FX filters when initialization on Cubase with a loaded SoundFont bank.

SE PolyMod KX:
- New oversampling features: VST up to x4 and VCO1 x8, less CPU use.
AU version (alpha): new zip (SE 1.3255)
- Done for the current tests.
x86 Win VST (beta): new zip (SE 1.3255)
- Some graphic elements do not work on Vista (Scope, leds, ...) following your host program.
x64 Win VST (beta): new zip (SE 1.4078)
- Built with SE 1.4 to use the new internal management of the presets, it is stable I used it for my last track.

To operate the SE Polymod KX plug-in requires MicroSoft files called the "Visual C ++ Redistributable Package". These need to be installed only once on each PC that uses this plug-in.
Link to get the 2015 version (the 2017 version is compatible, check your already installed packages).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=53587

in Instruments forum:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=497424

You're welcome to check the SE PolyMod KX on your Mac.

08-09/06/2018 - Major update of SE PolyMod KX (v1.04)
AU version (beta): new zip (SE 1.4157)
- Checked with Live and Reaper, it works.
- Support of bold and italic fonts.
Win VST versions (beta): new zip (SE 1.4152)
- 128 presets.
- Hertz, new KXMOD parameter.
- Improvement of GUI editor and DAW refresh speed, 60 fps (x64).
- Hint texts work on all parameters (x64).

10/05/2018 - Update of SE PolyMod KX (v1.03)
AU version (alpha): new zip (SE 1.4132)
- To check it.
Win VST versions (beta): new zip (SE 1.4132)
- Graphic bugs fixed on Seven (x64, x86) and Vista (x86).
- New scope (less CPU use).

Thank you mister ;)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Modular Synthesis”