Beta testing of X64 VST3/VST2 KX77FREE plug-ins

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

http://kx77free.free.fr

12/03/2017 - Update of main plug-ins to x64 (beta - VST3 - VST2):
Kx Synth x16 6.0 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.0 / Kx PolyMod 2.0 / Kx Modulad 4.0

The x64 zip files replace the x86 setups (*.exe) in the download table.
These plug-ins are sufficiently stable to be used as they are but they are not finalized and some of bugs mentioned below are not resolved yet. Of course if you download this files you should help me on KVR or others forum to finish to debug them. If you do not want to help me, please do not use these plug-ins and avoid to create comments about them. To help me to debug, you will contact me on KVR in Modular forum.

Some x86 features are not available yet:
Midi Learn, Midi out, help text on each knob, html loading, the possibility to change the background colour.
These versions are beta built with KX77FREE c++ SEM and SE 1.2355 (some D2d GUI features are not finished yet).

Know GUI bugs of the SE 1.2355 engine:
VSTHost 1.54: multiple instances not really supported fine and some parameters are initialized with theirs default values (need to load the first preset).
VSTHost 1.56: some parameters do not work on the GUI editor (sequencer on).
In all tested DAW:
The animated pictures (vu-meters, leds...) of your DAW may be frozen temporary when you adjust a parameter, mouse down on knob and move it (that doesn't affect the audio signal).

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".

2- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.

3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2).

4- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the VST3i plugins.

Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files.

Xavier

:party: :love:
thanks!

oh j'ai écouté les démos audio !!
ca fait bien envie !!!
Tu as une version OSX en 64 bit ?

Hi,

No, I use Synthedit to manage the internal connections and the GUI. Jeff, the author of SE, will work again on the AU compatibility after the windows x64 debug work will be finished, step by step because the first reason that SE x64 development was be delayed, it's the VST GUI incompatibility with AU. Apple changes its OS all time. So Jeff rewrote its GUI code the last year with Directx 2d code. This code is compatible with Apple but needs to be debugged on Windows before.
Personally, I do not know if I will work for Apple users in the future because simply I'm not a Mac user, all I done is freely and probably my next projects will be based on the tactile GUI, the mac laptop sill under the PC about the performances and they are too expensive in Europe. I make electronic music since 1982, so for me a computer is just a computer, it's just a tool for working, for make music.

You're a legend! SEx64!

I've tested KX-SYNTH-X16 on Live 9.7 in VST2 mode for a few hours now, and have not come across any problems. I've tried most of the features I used before I switched to Live x64, which does not cover everything this incredible synth can do. Multiple instances work fine.

Let me know if there's something specific you'd like get tested, very happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks for your help.

In fact, I need to know your OS and your GPU.
Actually, I work with the 355 SE release because this one is stable in all GPU tested but I did not test the AMD GPU.
On my laptop I have the crappy optimus driver, the 355 works fine with this driver or with the classic intel GPU.

It seems that in FLStudio12 it is only the vst3 versions (Program Files/Common Files/VST3) that load- if I delete the vst3 files and folders and start afresh; extract and rename the vst3 files as dll in any folder and rescan, FLStudio12 finds them but they won't load.

Currently I have to use the FL wrapper to load presets on these rather than the preset button on the GUI.

I will check, these plugins are VST3 which support the VST 2.4 features, in the VST2 mode you should load and save your presets in xml files (PRESET pop up menu on the GUI) but for the tests I did not exported all presets in xml, I will do later.

I loaded the Kx Synth x16 without problems in FL but in my install to test live 9.7 and FL, I put the VST2 folder inside
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2", not in the VST3 folder.
It seems that the problem is: we cannot put a VST2 inside the VST3 folder.

if you want to use them in VST2 mode, it seems you must put the VST folder inside the VST2 folder of Common files:

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".

2- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.

3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2). And copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2".

4- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the VST3i plugins.

Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files or your xml presets inside.
If else you must save in your Document folder of your account or out of protected Windows folders.

Re, FL supports the plugins installed in both modes.

Yes, and I have identified one problem I had. FL created some .NFO and .fst files that needed deleting before I rescanned.

The vst3 must go in VST3 folder, but the 64bit dll should be able to go anywhere I want. When I scan I see there are two versions listed but in my choice of plugins there is only one plugin listed;- KX SYNTH X16 [64bit].

Previously where two separate synths happen to share the same unique id, they will both be listed as available even if they don't load correctly.

kx77free wrote:3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2). And copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2".
I tried that with KX Modulad, and it worked in FL Studio 12.4 (64 bit)

But loading it as a VST2, I don't think I can use the included presets?

I tried to load, I navigated to the folder, but could not load any of the files included.

kx77free wrote:Thanks for your help.

In fact, I need to know your OS and your GPU.
Actually, I work with the 355 SE release because this one is stable in all GPU tested but I did not test the AMD GPU.
On my laptop I have the crappy optimus driver, the 355 works fine with this driver or with the classic intel GPU.
Sorry, I was too excited to get to use KX synths again, here's the relevant info:

Windows 10, Intel i5 2500K, NVidia GTX 950 (Asus).

@.jon, bob bobwood
thanks!

@Numanoid
Actually I provide only the VST3 presets (inside each VST zip).For the VST2 mode, I did not export the xml presets because I must export them one by one... but I will do for the next releases, I wanted to start the beta tests before.
You can use the vst in VST3 mode to export the presets in xml files.
it's a good way to test the compatibility in the 2 modes.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”