Cabbage = csound export as VST

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rorywalsh wrote:Do you know which version wiped your path? So I can warn people?
Unfortunately not, sorry; I tried both the x86 and x64 versions of 5.11 and the subsequent 5.12 'fix'', and I certainly uninstalled and reinstalled at least one of them more than once, and I may even have had an earlier version on there before that, but I didnt track the speciics. I dont have a clue when the existing Path got trashed, Im afraid; I only noticed it by chance yesterday when I needed to tracert a server.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

No problem. Thanks for the report.

I've posted updated binaries to:
https://github.com/cabbageaudio/cabbage/releases
The issue with Live, both 32bit and 64bit should now be resolved.

:party:

I know its been a while but Ive finally had a chance to play with the newest version, and exported dlls seem to be picked up fine by both Live9 x64 and Bidule x64, as well as run fine.

One thing, that was odd that I noticed though; memory useage on the GeorgioZucco examples 'Chowning' patch seems to keep rising indefinitely. Initially, in Task Manager, when its loaded, Bidule will be using 100Mb, but within only a couple of minutes that'll be 500Mb and still rising. Other GZ patches Ive tried this morning, eg Bell, Additive, Granular BreakBeatCutter dont seem to have the same issue.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

This looks sexy as hell. Kind of similar to what ReaJS is for Reaper.

CSound was not a very user friendly software and I was always hoping they'd or someone'd realise to "port" to support real DAWs and VSTs, rather than some esoteric composers patient or stupid enough to write music in the CSound language. This is it.

The CSound library is interesting and now one can leverage it to work with what most musicians actually use.

I see there's now an Android version available and Cabbage Studio in the works which is a DAW that will host Vst, AU and Ladspa plugins
:tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

is there any mac binary for the latest released sources!?

Version 2 was recently released.

Its now even easier to export all the examples as VST plugins.

Also, I noticed in the forum theres now a tool that allows you to build a redistributable installer of a VST Cabbage creation
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Need say, quite cool spectral plugs inside, hm strange, thread exist from 2014, but i not heard anything about it.
But also sad software buggy a bit, some symptoms i described here:
viewtopic.php?p=7494079#p7494079
viewtopic.php?p=7494085#p7494085

I just tried to export a couple VST3s and neither worked in my DAW. Shame. :(

Need say, very interesting but unstable stuff. For example, i found strange behaviors during use this exported plugs via Studio One 3: after cople loaded such plugs, the usual drag'n'drop just become broken in whole DAW :x :lol: (as well, started to occurs some glitches in files (wav's) preview section). I some time tried to figure what the reason, and came to the conclusion that the reason is exactly in presence these plugs. And after uninstall this, all continued works in daw ok, without surprises. In general, was forced to refuse to using it.
Fortunately, it is quite replaceable by a payable spectral plugs.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”