Wren - modular for Windows

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a really accomplished piece of software. I've been playing with it this evening and haven't run into any bugs or crashes so far. Huge amount of modules - a lovely playground to explore :)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Deeeeeep project :o Intriguing.

Yeah that's something :o

whyterabbyt wrote:
wagtunes wrote:After reading this disclaimer...
Wren is not a product, but a hobby project that got out of control a bit. This software ain't good for anything and it will crash your PC too.
Why would anybody even bother downloading this thing?
Because some of us arent in it solely for the crassly mercenary objective of trying to make a quick buck selling presets?
Has nothing to do with it. Why would you want to download a piece of software that you were warned in advance is going to crash your PC? I have enough computer problems as it is. I don't need more of them.

wagtunes wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Wren is not a product, but a hobby project that got out of control a bit. This software ain't good for anything and it will crash your PC too.
Because some of us arent in it solely for the crassly mercenary objective of trying to make a quick buck selling presets?
Has nothing to do with it. Why would you want to download a piece of software that you were warned in advance is going to crash your PC? I have enough computer problems as it is. I don't need more of them.
Bluehell has a sense of humor.. Calling it a 'thing' before you've even investigated it is pretty disrespectful imo - it's a very accomplished piece of work - on Nord Modular level from what I can see.

wagtunes wrote:Has nothing to do with it.
Has everything to do with it. Not everyone has the same mindset as you. Not everybody whimpers at the prospect of a bit of software not wiping their arse for them. Not everybody pisses their pants at the prospect of a computer crashing. Not everybody reads a warning like that and doesnt read between the lines.

Why would you want to download a piece of software that you were warned in advance is going to crash your PC?
Because everything 'crashes your PC' (woooo, big scary) but not everything makes interesting sounds.
I have enough computer problems as it is. I don't need more of them.
Lets not distract this thread with the lamentable state of your ability to understand a computer system. Your Steam/game posts a while back made that perfectly clear.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

wagtunes wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Don't you have a sense of humour? It's a joke by the dev. Wren is probably not for you ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Don't you have a sense of humour? It's a joke by the dev. Wren is probably not for you ...
Well, if it's a joke, then yes, I have no sense of humor.

I will download it and see if I can get it to work.

Thank you all for pointing out my inability to understand what people really mean when they say something.

How can I be so stupid?

Just one question. Can somebody tell me if this is 32 or 64 bit? I can't find this information on the site.

wagtunes wrote:How can I be so stupid?
Beats me :shrug: :P

wagtunes wrote:Just one question. Can somebody tell me if this is 32 or 64 bit? I can't find this information on the site.
Approach it like you found an old bit of insanely heavy hardware with curiously labelled knobs in the back of a charity shop - dust it off, switch it on and and see what happens.. I would guess it's 32 bit.

wagtunes wrote:Just one question. Can somebody tell me if this is 32 or 64 bit? I can't find this information on the site.
Its not a plugin, and its not reliant on using lots of sample memory, so why does it matter?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Its not a plugin, and its not reliant on using lots of sample memory, so why does it matter?
Because I have a 64 bit machine and since I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, I don't know if 32 bit apps will run on it. That's why I'm asking.

Any 32 bit program will run on a 64 bit system. It just is that you still have the 4Gb limit ....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I did the download thing and got it running here. Fascinating piece of kit this. :shock:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Modular Synthesis”