Another Reaktor doubt

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I begun to learn how to work with Reaktor, so I'm following the manual (at this moment, the Getting Started Guide manual).

My "problem" is: at chapter 4.4.1 - Snapshot Hierarchy as seen in Properties, pag. 43 & 44, I can't see the "Snapshot Master for Plug-In" checkbox in the properties. I can see only the "Recall by MIDI".
I can't see either the "Store by Parent" and "Recall by Parent", as well as the "Only if Changed".

Any tips about what's going on?

Thanks

No one? :shock:

Read the Manual Addendum, things have changed in more recent versions of Reaktor, in particular, snapshot handling.

As fantastic as Reaktor and all the guff you can get for it is, saving and loading and preset management is SO unintuitive for me. It's like the outer layer of the interface is really clunky and if you find the process of saving and loading presets confusing it's really offputting to delve deeper.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:As fantastic as Reaktor and all the guff you can get for it is, saving and loading and preset management is SO unintuitive for me. It's like the outer layer of the interface is really clunky and if you find the process of saving and loading presets confusing it's really offputting to delve deeper.
I thought so too at first but It turns out I was just being stubborn about learning a new method. Take 10 minutes to figure it out and put it in memory and then you know it forever.
miedex

rbarata wrote:I begun to learn how to work with Reaktor, so I'm following the manual (at this moment, the Getting Started Guide manual).

My "problem" is: at chapter 4.4.1 - Snapshot Hierarchy as seen in Properties, pag. 43 & 44, I can't see the "Snapshot Master for Plug-In" checkbox in the properties. I can see only the "Recall by MIDI".
I can't see either the "Store by Parent" and "Recall by Parent", as well as the "Only if Changed".

Any tips about what's going on?

Thanks
you have to enable "edit mode" for the ensemble you want to, well, edit. and making some part of ensemble a master for snapshots is considered editing. the "edit mode" button is right next to the big snapshot bar at the top. alternatively, hit F1.

As anything else, when you get used to it you'll find it easy.
When you have a Getting Started Manual that is changed in an addendum and that is not mentioned anywhere, the only thing I can say is: The only confusing thing here is the manual itself...that's a very basic error. :shock:

Thank you very much for your replies.

miedex wrote:
Sendy wrote:As fantastic as Reaktor and all the guff you can get for it is, saving and loading and preset management is SO unintuitive for me. It's like the outer layer of the interface is really clunky and if you find the process of saving and loading presets confusing it's really offputting to delve deeper.
I thought so too at first but It turns out I was just being stubborn about learning a new method. Take 10 minutes to figure it out and put it in memory and then you know it forever.
Well until they change it.

I've been a Reaktor user for years but the current changes in sample management seem completely barmy - I have consulted the addendum but am still not able to save an ensemble any more without also including the sample map (so ending up with some ensembles now 2GB in size). Used to be just a single tickbox set and forget option until the last update.

they haven't changed it

Holy necro, Batman.

hes right though.
it is the same.

not that it matters.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”