If I want to make a small sequencer/midibuffer in Synthedit...

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...is there any way to store incomming status2, velocity, notelenght and CC values to a memorybuffer or an array using Synthedit and additional modules?
Thanks

This array needs midi to volt converter to feed it and voltages go to 0 after note offs like when you send an midievent with status2 0... It makes everything so difficult.
Any other suggestions?

not sure what you mean with "status2" i think you're best bet is to look into SE SDK

if using older array modules (SDK2) they probably use TEXT pins to store the data which is faulty as the text gets converted depending on local (language) settings in the OS and your data becomes unusable afterwards
so have that in mind

the newer SDK3 has a blob datatype specificaly for storing binary data (which is cool)
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

I am not good in C++ and SDK . Thats why I ask ...is there any way to store incomming midi events to an array or a table using Synthedit.

maki wrote:I am not good in C++ and SDK .
i know.. i perfectly understand you..
but now i got a very complex sequencer module going on and the 20x4 7bit LCD is just a small gadget for it ;]
otherwise, i'm not even sure what do you mean by storing midi events into a buffer - which midi events? what buffer? what will you do with them? why?
but sure you can do whatever madness you want with the SDK
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

no, not buffer. I mean: an array or a table.
I would like to record each note-on status2 value in an indexed place of an array. The same with other midi events - separate arrays for each type event or a table that allows several arrays to coexist together.
I think that would have been very happy if somebody shows to me that it is possible to record note-on values in an Dave Haupt array but without conversion from midi to voltages because voltages tend to dropp to zero after each conversion, even if I never played note-on 0! Or to ask differently: Any other way to convert midi note-ons to something that can be read in realtime by Dave Haupt Array?

:p well i did post a video on this on youtube - is it as invisible as most of what i produce??

use one sequencing module for pitch, gate, et c., drive them all by the same clock pulse. easy.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Convert midinotes to pitch voltage. You can easy store that in DH Array.. ive tested all that things. For output u can use the trigger to midi module and dont forget to set a gate off before start a new note. That could be with a Monostable module. But isnt good for live playing-recording ! Better are modules like Ralph's Smidi or Snote recorder.

Greetz.

L-Day wrote:Convert midinotes to pitch voltage. You can easy store that in DH Array.. ive tested all that things
Yes but how to prevent this array to record 0 after note-off events? Voltages tend to dropp to 0 even if i didn't play note-on 0

Where to find Ralph's Smidi or Snote recorder? Google doesn't know.

thanks

"Where to find Ralph's Smidi or Snote recorder? Google doesn't know."

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 56&start=0

maki wrote: Yes but how to prevent this array to record 0 after note-off events? Voltages tend to dropp to 0 even if i didn't play note-on 0
Think invertet :) For gate: a bit over zero ever...short 0 by new note..with monostable module.

Works fine ^^ ignore the unconnected lvl adjust :clown:
Download source: http://www.nuaudio.de/dh_array_seq.zip

greetz

thanks!

maki wrote:Yes but how to prevent this array to record 0 after note-off events? Voltages tend to dropp to 0 even if i didn't play note-on 0
Use a sample&hold behind MIDI2CV for the pitch with the gate as trigger
ImageImage

novaflash wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:38 pm "Where to find Ralph's Smidi or Snote recorder? Google doesn't know."

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 56&start=0
They are still there. But I have no source code from that time any more - due to
the studio gone into brexitair.
Cheers
Ralph

Return to “Modular Synthesis”