VAZ mod users :stand and be counted!!:

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MadGav wrote:Hi Kire,
Kire wrote:Do VAZ Modular respond to polyphonic aftertouch? I've made plenty of CS-80/GX-1 patches that I want to play live.
Yes, click Options on the CV Converter module and tick Polyphonic Aftertouch. What keyboard do you have that can actually generate it btw?

Martin
Ok great! :)

I don't have one yet, but I've found a cheap Ensoniq SQ-80 that I'm going to buy.

Wow! Now I can't wait! :P

Would be nice with a ribbon controller á la CS-80.....

http://www.kiresounds.se/downloads/CS.mp3

Something like this, but it's without polyphonic aftertouch.

Kire wrote:Would be nice with a ribbon controller á la CS-80.....
Doepfer do one, http://www.doepfer.de/R2M.htm for the MIDI version. I'd quite probably go for the A-100 module version...

Martin

Martin
anychance of an update with the bug fixes you have already done, and perhaps some new colors for the modules?

Does not hurt to ask!

Tim

Hi Tim,
tconrardy wrote:anychance of an update with the bug fixes you have already done, and perhaps some new colors for the modules?
I'm intending to put out a release once some real life issues are out of the way. More colours are a problem because many elements of the colour scheme are in graphics so a changed background colour has to (kind of) work with everything else...

Martin

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but a feature i'd love to see in Vaz.....

UNDO

argh the amount of times i've had something great going and accidentally hit that little x on a module......i like to drink some nice Belgian beer while i work now and again and UNDO would save me :)

or a lock button per module, that means it will neither change settings or be deleted unless un-locked.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

the dj wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned already but a feature i'd love to see in Vaz.....

UNDO

argh the amount of times i've had something great going and accidentally hit that little x on a module......i like to drink some nice Belgian beer while i work now and again and UNDO would save me :)
An optional confirmation on the little x would be a much easier option? Full undo won't happen until a major rewrite occurs i.e. I can't even say whether it will occur or not...

MadGav wrote:
the dj wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned already but a feature i'd love to see in Vaz.....

UNDO

An optional confirmation on the little x would be a much easier option? Full undo won't happen until a major rewrite occurs i.e. I can't even say whether it will occur or not...
That would be great aye.....it's not a desperate thing with me really, i just need to be more careful sometimes.

ok, I have one question.

Is there any chance to automate vaz inside Ableton Live 7 ?

Hi Fluc,
Fluc wrote:Is there any chance to automate vaz inside Ableton Live 7 ?
I'm guessing you could set up MIDI control automation, not familiar with Live so I can't say how ;)

Parameter automation is a problem due to VAZ Modular having a totally variable number of parameters. The best idea I've come up with would be to have a fixed set of automation parameters and some way to map those to module parameters along similar lines to the existing MIDI control mapping. What do you all think? Any other suggestions?

Martin

MadGav wrote:Hi Fluc,
Fluc wrote:Is there any chance to automate vaz inside Ableton Live 7 ?
I'm guessing you could set up MIDI control automation, not familiar with Live so I can't say how ;)

Parameter automation is a problem due to VAZ Modular having a totally variable number of parameters. The best idea I've come up with would be to have a fixed set of automation parameters and some way to map those to module parameters along similar lines to the existing MIDI control mapping. What do you all think? Any other suggestions?

Martin
That is actually how Karma FX Modular is set up..it has a 'module' in which you can assign a set of parameters to 'knobs' and then be able to automate those particular knobs.

Tim

If I'm not mistaken, the similar principle is behind NI Kontakt's automation. You have #511 free "slots" which are visible to host program. Each slot can be assigned by dragging it to respective parameter inside the instrument. When assigned, instead of "#000 n\a" you see "Volume"(or whatever) in your host program.

Btw, VAZ is amazing and its very vexing that there are such problems with automation without external midi controllers in live.

Fluc wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the similar principle is behind NI Kontakt's automation. You have #511 free "slots" which are visible to host program. Each slot can be assigned by dragging it to respective parameter inside the instrument. When assigned, instead of "#000 n\a" you see "Volume"(or whatever) in your host program.

Btw, VAZ is amazing and its very vexing that there are such problems with automation without external midi controllers in live.
I was thinking a few less slots would be enough ;) But it's basically just a number to be chosen... I'm surprised it's such a problem to use MIDI controls in Live, does this follow through to control of external hardware? It would be just painful not being able to decide to draw some automation...!

Martin

Return to “Modular Synthesis”