VAZ mod users :stand and be counted!!:

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Atom Csjahek wrote:Hi guys

Like some said before, i felt in love with VAZ 2010 & Modular... so madly that i bought a dedicated XP eeePC 900 for them & sold all my hardware stuff on eBay...
Fantastic! How is that working out on the eee - latency, etc.?
Bachmaninoff

Atom Csjahek wrote:i bought a dedicated XP eeePC 900 for them & sold all my hardware stuff on eBay...
interesting. ive run a few synths on my eee, including Zebra, but I'd not thought to try Vaz. Must do.

While browsing Sound On Sound website, i found something intriguing: the 2002 Software Technology Anarchy FX (http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/May02/a ... in0502.asp)
Maybe Martin could tell us more about that... :pray:
The Anarchy effects was actually another developer, who later got their own site. Its still up at
http://www.anarchysoundsoftware.co.uk/

Fairly off-the-wall stuff for its time, and I still use the effects often. But Im not sure if they're still available. Im not aware of any updates for them or the site in a long time, though, Im afraid.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

gav, or anyone who has the power/ interest - a dedicated vaz forum here? id help with discussions and patches
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

Has anybody check out these Yahoo VAZ groups?

VazMod

VAZmodular

Steve

sraymar wrote:Has anybody check out these Yahoo VAZ groups?
I just had a quick look and they are both full of spam with no sign of any other activity - oh well...

Mart.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

I feel excited about coming more and more close to the old Prophet-sound with Vaz Modular. Why not call this little demo "Prophet V(az) :)

I start with one oscillator and at the end I add the second.

http://www.kiresounds.se/downloads/ProphetVazM.mp3

Kire wrote:I feel excited about coming more and more close to the old Prophet-sound with Vaz Modular. Why not call this little demo "Prophet V(az) :)

I start with one oscillator and at the end I add the second.

http://www.kiresounds.se/downloads/ProphetVazM.mp3
Wow :love: :love:, where can I buy this patch :?:

Kire, that Prophet patch does sound wonderful...will this be for sale? Please say yes...thanks for letting us hear it...sounds great! Jaime
"The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgement, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil." Solomon.

Thank you! Maybe I put this patch in a bank with other vintage-sounds. I hope I'll have enough time to do it.

Thank you!

Maybe I put this patch in a bank with other vintage-sounds. I hope I'll have enough time to do it.

Kire wrote:Thank you!

Maybe I put this patch in a bank with other vintage-sounds. I hope I'll have enough time to do it.
doublepost :oops:

Greetings,

I just wanted to say "hey" and give my support for the future of VAZ. I've migrated to a mac and VAZ will be one of the few reasons I'll install windows on it. Thanks to Martin for such a great piece of software. Any teasers about updates?

Hi citrus6,

I too run a Mac these days, with Windows in VMWare... however... I've recently bought a copy of Crossover Games and with a Crossover->JACK driver installed and having made a couple of changes to VazMode code it's running standalone sweeter than on a Windows laptop :D Latency will go *way* down, hooking up my USB MIDI keyboard works fine too. I've routed MIDI from Logic to VazMod using the IAC driver and it should be easy enough to route audio back using JACK.

Martin

Hi Martin!

Do VAZ Modular respond to polyphonic aftertouch? I've made plenty of CS-80/GX-1 patches that I want to play live.

Thank you once again for an amazing synth!

Best regards,
Kire

Hi Kire,
Kire wrote:Do VAZ Modular respond to polyphonic aftertouch? I've made plenty of CS-80/GX-1 patches that I want to play live.
Yes, click Options on the CV Converter module and tick Polyphonic Aftertouch. What keyboard do you have that can actually generate it btw?

Martin

Return to “Modular Synthesis”