alpha forever...upcoming modular synth

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Never try the Quantum and the Kyra, but, AF is a must have, for sure !
about Quantum, from what I saw, is a different beast....
The AF tutorials should be in every sounds design schools. better than a lot of online, payware courses!
Thanks.
Best
YY

Thanks for the kind words, it feels so good to read such comments! :)

All i can give as a thank you is the latest noding session and the corresponding piano patch:
https://youtu.be/vLf1r1uqTg4
Alpha Forever Modular
Web // Youtube // Facebook //
Instagram // Discord

That is an impressive patch 9b0! Shows how flexible Alpha Forever is! And i agree with those two gentlemens above! It's nice to see that Alpha Forever is growing. Can't wait to see what the future has in mind :) And great coding! I'm using the dev. Version and it feels rock solid!

Okay, so we basically got Synthmaker 2 :shrug:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ, no we got Alpha Forever created by two great guys! 😊 I say this with great respect of your opinion. But i really like the sound of AF. The envelopes for example.. sometimes i like to work with minimal values to hear the "bite". And AF delivers! (It reminds me of the C64, cause the Sid could sound very snappy in your face with minimal values.) I also like the filters very much. But to be honest. I haven't tried synthmaker. I'm sure it's a great synth! I don't know what these guys did. But i like it i like it (rolling stones) 😉

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:11 pm Okay, so we basically got Synthmaker 2 :shrug:
Since i'm half of the dev team (i'm Balázs from the videos) it's not my post to compare the two environments, since i'm probably the most biased person ever.
Our system was designed to build sounds, and not generic synths that you can tweak later on. We feel, that node based editing is the best way to create complex oscillator / modulator routings (complex sounds) - since it can visualise signal flow (unlike rack editors). We also feel, that modulation needs to be audio rate - since you often have to do modulation and audio events in sync.
For us these things are something fundamental (and there's a lot more)... maybe we are wrong, but anyways: it's a loveproject, and we will keep on enhancing it further: hopefuly forever.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Shift registers are the topic of our latest AFNoding session.

https://youtu.be/wFUBTJ3V2uU
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Time to switch from Mac just for Alpha Forever

s28 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:21 am I just downloaded the demo, it seems really interesting however the mouse clicking is all over the place. I'm running Windows 8 and Ableton Live 10... I will demo a bit more later but I had to click away from the controls to get them to do anything...
The same thing in Reaper running under
Windows 10 x64 with system scale 125%.

Feel free to ask me for any of my system parameters if you interested. Thank you.

ortseam wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:29 pm
s28 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:21 am I just downloaded the demo, it seems really interesting however the mouse clicking is all over the place. I'm running Windows 8 and Ableton Live 10... I will demo a bit more later but I had to click away from the controls to get them to do anything...
The same thing in Reaper running under
Windows 10 x64 with system scale 125%.

Feel free to ask me for any of my system parameters if you interested. Thank you.
Customers of AFModular have access to development builds which are far more advanced by the time than the latest official release (the demo version is representing the state of the official release). Scaling issues and known GUI issues are fixed by this time.

A newer version will be released this month if everything goes well, but a new dev. build will come in about a week.

Since february (the date of the last release) we had many fixes regarding the UI, and in the next development build we will jump from direct2D to openGL3.3 (i'm using this version for a month now), so the UI is getting platform independent (we are getting one step closer to port things to Mac :party: ).
Last edited by 9b0 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

(and a new AFNoding video will come soon 2)
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Here's the latest AFNoding video. We build custom filters without using maths and complex equations.

https://youtu.be/_BVmkifC19M
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Excellent video! Thanks!

Quiet around here.
Any news?

They released a new development version a month ago with text boxes and other goodies. The text boxes is a great enhancement. Makes it much easier to find your way around a patch. I'm hoping to see adjustable starting phase for Osc and lfos =)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”