alpha forever...upcoming modular synth

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you 9b0! As always great stuff! Also cool to hear the backstory! Those were the days.. impulse tracker vs Ft2. 😉
Last edited by Charlie Firpo on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry Double post

Charlie Firpo wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:07 pm Thank you 9b0! As always great stuff! Also cool to hear the backstory! Those were the days.. impulse tracker vs Ft2. 😉
Hope, you’ll like the next episode 2! Going to be generative stuff again.
Alpha Forever Modular
Web // Youtube // Facebook //
Instagram // Discord

Thanks for this great modular synth/fx plugin and the youtube videos. One thing I noticed with the latest stable and development version is that when I insert the instrument version in latest Studio One v4 there is no audio output. The plugin has no audio outputs and there is no mixer channel for the audio. Maybe a bug?

swindus wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:39 am Thanks for this great modular synth/fx plugin and the youtube videos. One thing I noticed with the latest stable and development version is that when I insert the instrument version in latest Studio One v4 there is no audio output. The plugin has no audio outputs and there is no mixer channel for the audio. Maybe a bug?
Hi Swindus! Thanks for the feedback. This is a known issue, and is unfortunately a bug of StudioOne. Instruments with multiple audio outputs do not seem to work there, and they know about it for a long time (since Native Instruments Absynth is also affected). We discussed the issue with the Presonus developers, but as far as we know, they still did not fix it in the latest update. :(
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

In the latest AFNoding session we continue our series about generative stuff inside Alpha Forever:

https://youtu.be/UA5C6qXV-pc
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Very good stuff 9b0! And i enjoyed your track for the synthwave noding session (sounded awesome through my monitors). When i watched your creative gating video, in the ending you opened a "one shot Lfo" patch. Would love to see a noding session with something similar like that. Man, Alpha Forever is awesome. Feel like a kid in the candy store. So many possibilities. Where do i go? :D

(Oh, and i've just got to mention: ofcourse i took a screen shoot :D and tried it myself. Works beautiful, i've connected it to a osc pwm to hear the effect) but there's still some math things that you did in there , and was wondering about how using the outputs (env, triggering etc) to good use :) So a video hearing the master explain some stuff, would be great! Thanks! :)

Charlie Firpo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 pm When i watched your creative gating video, in the ending you opened a "one shot Lfo" patch. Would love to see a noding session with something similar like that.
Hey Charlie! Gonna look into it, and will do a session about it. Would be nice to have a phase input on the LfO’s, so we are going to implement that 2, so this will make more sense.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Charlie Firpo wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:30 pm (Oh, and i've just got to mention: ofcourse i took a screen shoot :D and tried it myself. Works beautiful, i've connected it to a osc pwm to hear the effect) but there's still some math things that you did in there , and was wondering about how using the outputs (env, triggering etc) to good use :)
You could also copy / paste the patch from the browser and check how it works. No need for screenshots! Every session comes with a free patch, so you have everything i did.

https://www.afmodular.com/patches/creative-gating

But i’ll tkae a look at this topic for sure! I’ve judt recorded the latest session, so this is gonna be the next after it.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Thanks 9b0! Regarding Phase input on the lfo's: Yes please!! :) I know that i can copy the patch, but was talking about that particular Lfo thing you opened while talking about Eurorack maths. Don't think that was part of the original patch? Sorry if i missed something. Looking forward to the next noding session! :)

Charlie Firpo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:17 pm Thanks 9b0! Regarding Phase input on the lfo's: Yes please!! :) I know that i can copy the patch, but was talking about that particular Lfo thing you opened while talking about Eurorack maths. Don't think that was part of the original patch? Sorry if i missed something. Looking forward to the next noding session! :)
Just checked the Creative gating video. I was looking for the patch: "Envelope_LFO_AR.txt" from the patch collection (can be downloaded from our site). It should be pretty close to what Maths does, and can work like a shapeable LFO (using attack and release parameters) and an Envelope as well.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Got it! Sorry my bad. Was browsing the AFsite with my mobile, and somehow the patch collection v1 did not show up there. Just downloaded it. Thanks!

Charlie Firpo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:48 pm Got it! Sorry my bad. Was browsing the AFsite with my mobile, and somehow the patch collection v1 did not show up there. Just downloaded it. Thanks!
I think, i'll have to unhide download buttons on mobile devices. I thought, it was a good idea to hide them, so the site can be less crowded on mobile, but i think, it's important to know, there's some downloadable content available even if it's for desktop use only.
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

A new noding session has been done. We hope, you'll like it!

https://youtu.be/DyZyehFqUPo
Alpha Forever Modular
Instagram // Discord

Return to “Modular Synthesis”