SoloRack v1.4 Seven new modules

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

For improved work flow, I think it would be better if a right-click popped up the module select menu rather than the cable colour option. The cable colour option could be located in the options menu at the top.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

If you right click a module. It will pop-up a module specific menu. (not shown here in the video since I though it was obvious)

The cable colour menu option is located on the rack because it can be annoying to return back an forth to the main menu while your editing a large patch with many cables specially when you have many rack rows. It's really better for that menu to be nearby any where you want it in the rack since cabling can happen so frequently.
Last edited by S0lo on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.solostuff.net

OOOPS double post. PLEASE DELETE
www.solostuff.net

S0lo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:58 am If you right click a module. It will pop-up a module specific menu. (not shown here in the video since I though it was obvious)

The cable colour menu option is located on the rack because it can be annoying to return back an forth to the main menu while your editing a large patch with many cables specially when you have many rack rows. It's really better for that menu to be nearby any where you want it in the rack since cabling can happen so frequently.
I guess it's a personal thing then. I don't really bother with the cable colours and just leave it on random. However, adding a number of modules also entails going back and forth between the menu at the top left.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:58 pm guess it's a personal thing then. I don't really bother with the cable colours and just leave it on random. However, adding a number of modules also entails going back and forth between the menu at the top left.
Hmmmm, your right. I guess I figured people would be changing cabling colors more often than adding modules when I designed it 3 years back. May be I'm wrong.
www.solostuff.net

S0lo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:06 pm
kingtubby wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:58 pm guess it's a personal thing then. I don't really bother with the cable colours and just leave it on random. However, adding a number of modules also entails going back and forth between the menu at the top left.
Hmmmm, your right. I guess I figured people would be changing cabling colors more often than adding modules when I designed it 3 years back. May be I'm wrong.
Well, it may just be the way I do it. Others may feel differently. :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:11 pm
S0lo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:06 pm
Well, it may just be the way I do it. Others may feel differently. :)
I also think that the right click contextual menu should be reserved to add/replace modules :)
Fernando (FMR)

yeah me too, never use the cable colours option, but I regularly right click looking for modules and then remember I have to go to the menu and dig them out - probably habit from many years of working with Vaz Modular which brought up modules with the right click.

SoloRack Version 1.4 has been released. Details in the first post.
www.solostuff.net

A note here for people who might be asking, for 14bit MIDI to work, you need a MIDI controller that can send 14bit MIDI. On the other hand SoloRack it self can send 14bit MIDI, but the receiver will also have to support it.
www.solostuff.net

A few serious bugs fixed. Links above updated.
www.solostuff.net

hello, can i ask why you can't resize the window of vst to make it full screen for example? thank you

Hi Psy_

Short answer: A resizable GUI is in progress. If all goes well, it should be in the next version or the one after it.

Long answer: It's because we are using raster graphics instead of vector graphics. Vector has the advantage of free resizability but it has its limitations when it comes to how realistic and beautiful the art can be. Raster graphics on the other hand can be very realistic and high quality but can't be easily resized because of technical reasons. Resizing raster graphics is still possible but requires different methods.
www.solostuff.net

thx for the quick reply and explanation, i just see that you can't make the window of visible devices bigger, only the window without resize nothing inside

Return to “Modular Synthesis”