Alternatives?

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like everyone else, Cream doesn't work for me anymore. I bought it too long ago to ask for any kind of refund, but this is unprofessional.

I was looking at Cthulhu and it looks promising. They have a 15m demo mode. Are there any alternatives people like?

I have three tracks I can't export because Cream doesn't work anymore and I have to reprogram new arps because of it.

Cthulhu is the best arp in my opinion, with it's added chord functionality it's a bargain.

A big fan of HY-Plugins as well, check this out:
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seqcollectionwinmac/

Cthulhu is the most similar, and is now being updated-- a beta with more big GUI sizes etc. See this thread for latest details:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=446901&start=30

Another very good one with similar features but very different GUI is B-Step, which has desktop and iPad versions, works with Launchpad etc.
http://b-step.monoplugs.com/en

They are both terrific and different in almost every way. I am disappointed that Aarto stopped development. He announced "plans" late last year.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

macdev wrote:Like everyone else, Cream doesn't work for me anymore. I bought it too long ago to ask for any kind of refund, but this is unprofessional.

I was looking at Cthulhu and it looks promising. They have a 15m demo mode. Are there any alternatives people like?

I have three tracks I can't export because Cream doesn't work anymore and I have to reprogram new arps because of it.
Can you tell how Cream isn't working for you? Have you contacted us via support email?

-Arto

I don't think B-Step holds a candle to Kirnu Cream as a creative tool and advanced-feature arp/chord/sequence player. Same for the arp in Cthulhu in less we are talking of a complete overhaul by Mr. Steve.

Don't get me wrong, I do think Cthulhu is the best note to chord app up until now - its competition has too few features or is non-plugin (external to DAW). And I know that Serum and Nerve are both excellent.

Kirnu is not that easy to learn - and it also could be you don't need all the features - but I enjoy them a great deal.

One thing kirnu does not do obviously, that it should (and does - see below), is unique to hardware-sequencer-CV-to-synth-arp functions - like when using CV data from a drum machine to drive the arp in a keyboard (but it seems you can't program rhythm patterns using the gate in Kirnu - the gate shortens the notes, but strangely it doesn't fully block the note. So the Gate tab itself doesn't act like pulsed CV data, for a series of groove pulses that can be used by playing notes that "assume their rhythm"; i.e. the goal is to play notes in your DAW while the rhythmically varied pulses are incoming , turning those pulses into transposed note patterns only when the gate is not completely closed)

There's quite a lot to kirnu, but that's one thing that was odd to leave out of the GATE tab itself.

However you could use the ORDER tab to do this. One of the options is " Off – Arp plays nothing and note list is not advanced." Just please add an option of "Off - Arp plays nothing and note list IS advanced as well and it would be even more creative.

Return to “Kirnu”