Bug latency in receiving midi clock

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

When i send midi clock from one of my apps to the cream mobile for controlling or changing tempo , tempo numbers is changed very slowly or with latency and some times tempo number is less than of source midi clock . I send midi clock from midiflow app with tempo 140 to cream app, but in cream app tempo = 139.

Very thanks of you if answer to me

Best

Pejman

MIDI clock is very inaccurate by nature 1 difference in BMP is not very big deal. I probably will remove the MIDI clock completely because of Ableton Link support is coming in the next release

Sorry but this is just not true.
Midi clock is very accurate if done right.
If you had worked with hardware and well-done iOS apps in the past, you would know, and you'd also know that Ableton Link is no solution for syncing with hardware.

We've only come to conclude that Midi Clock seems "bad" because many iOS implementations handle MIDI processing with too low priority and therefore behave jittery, and if you've seen Midi Clock being inaccurate then you most likely have to fix Cream, not Midi Clock.
Don't forget to implement some kind of averaging between two Midi Clock ticks in case the sender is an app that sends jittery Midi Clock.

Take thor, Genome MIDI, MoDrum, Cubasis, Loopy, Nord Beat, Stroke Machine and many others - they do work very well with Midi Clock Sync.

Return to “Kirnu”