Has Cream been abandoned?

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last login from developer to this forum was January. The site is still up and running, and accepting payment, but the current version (1.2.4) is absolutely unusable. 4 months of radio silence. Last version released was late November. It's just not right the software has been left in this state and still for sale. Especially since it (on the whole) worked really well.

This was once excellent innovative software and stable but whatever has happened in recent months leaves cause for concern. Clearly the developer cared about this project at some point but to leave it that it's unloadable when it was fine... That's a lot different from not being able to keep up with updates/os/feature requests etc. In the worse case scenario a version rollback would have sufficed. So I don't know what has caused this current state.

The very least the developer could do is provide a repository of the old versions to try.

I hope everything's actually ok with him...

That's my experience too. I had contacted the support in a mail, but the reactions were negative. Unfortunately, there is no comparable arpeggiator for live performance.

this seems to be the state of other arpeggiator vst. they have been abandoned more or less by their devs.

it could be the whole need for this kind of product has waned?
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Not sure about cream but this is pretty good.and under active development.

http://graywolf2004.net/wp/

Also Mux by Mutools has an arp/seq that is quite nice.

MuTools
www.mutools.com
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

My guess is that the Kirnu dev has a day job, and not much time at hand to work at Kirnu.

I haven't noticed too much instability with the latest version in my hosts though. Might be DAW dependant?

Hi,
Cream and Cream mobile are still in development and supported.

If you are having some issues with Cream please contact support@kirnuarp.com and we'll fix the problem you are having.

-Arto

If you are having some issues with Cream please contact support@kirnuarp.com and we'll fix the problem you are having.

-Arto
Good to know -- thanks!

Yay! This is great news. Happy to hear of any news re: Cream mobile, my current favorite on ios!

-SE
Please wear a mask!

Kirnu wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:32 am Hi,
Cream and Cream mobile are still in development and supported.

-Arto
Give us more evidence please.

Well said.
jumpercable wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:52 am Last login from developer to this forum was January. The site is still up and running, and accepting payment, but the current version (1.2.4) is absolutely unusable. 4 months of radio silence. Last version released was late November. It's just not right the software has been left in this state and still for sale. Especially since it (on the whole) worked really well.

This was once excellent innovative software and stable but whatever has happened in recent months leaves cause for concern. Clearly the developer cared about this project at some point but to leave it that it's unloadable when it was fine... That's a lot different from not being able to keep up with updates/os/feature requests etc. In the worse case scenario a version rollback would have sufficed. So I don't know what has caused this current state.

The very least the developer could do is provide a repository of the old versions to try.

I hope everything's actually ok with him...

i'd just like to say that Arto has been responding helpfully to my support requests.

i think some of the issues we're having is to do with the large number of vst parameters that Cream makes available; over 17,000!

i suggest you try the demo which Arto says is from the same branch as the full version but lacks the vst parameters. see if it behaves any better.
he says that he mainly uses Reaper for testing.

i thought it was the 17,000+ parameters that was breaking Kirnu but no....
the CM version works fine in my hosts.
Arto has clearly broken something(s) in more recent versions and doesn't particularly care.
even the iPad version which is relatively stable in iOS 10 32bit now crashes randomly in iOS 11 64bit.
if you contrast its iOS stability with that of a comparably complex app like Patterning 2 we quickly see that Kirnu is, and it so pains me to say, abandonware.
:dog:

+1
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Yeah, he's probably somewhere eating fried chicken right now.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I tried to transfer my license to someone, but no replies from the support email. Too bad, because it had a lot of potential.

Return to “Kirnu”