Has Cream been abandoned?

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
jumpercable
KVRist
143 posts since 30 Apr, 2010

Post Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:52 pm

Last login from developer to this forum was January. The site is still up and running, and accepting payment, but the current version (1.2.4) is absolutely unusable. 4 months of radio silence. Last version released was late November. It's just not right the software has been left in this state and still for sale. Especially since it (on the whole) worked really well.

This was once excellent innovative software and stable but whatever has happened in recent months leaves cause for concern. Clearly the developer cared about this project at some point but to leave it that it's unloadable when it was fine... That's a lot different from not being able to keep up with updates/os/feature requests etc. In the worse case scenario a version rollback would have sufficed. So I don't know what has caused this current state.

The very least the developer could do is provide a repository of the old versions to try.

I hope everything's actually ok with him...

cosmo welfare
KVRer
3 posts since 21 Sep, 2004 from Germany

Re: Has Cream been abandoned?

Post Tue May 01, 2018 7:41 am

That's my experience too. I had contacted the support in a mail, but the reactions were negative. Unfortunately, there is no comparable arpeggiator for live performance.

nexussynth
KVRian
530 posts since 1 Jan, 2004

Post Tue May 01, 2018 2:01 pm

this seems to be the state of other arpeggiator vst. they have been abandoned more or less by their devs.

it could be the whole need for this kind of product has waned?
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian
576 posts since 21 Apr, 2017 from Bahia, Brazil

Post Tue May 01, 2018 2:20 pm

Not sure about cream but this is pretty good.and under active development.

http://graywolf2004.net/wp/

Also Mux by Mutools has an arp/seq that is quite nice.

MuTools
www.mutools.com

chk071
KVRAF
17258 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue May 01, 2018 2:23 pm

My guess is that the Kirnu dev has a day job, and not much time at hand to work at Kirnu.

I haven't noticed too much instability with the latest version in my hosts though. Might be DAW dependant?

Kirnu
KVRist
242 posts since 12 Jan, 2013

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:32 am

Hi,
Cream and Cream mobile are still in development and supported.

If you are having some issues with Cream please contact support@kirnuarp.com and we'll fix the problem you are having.

-Arto

gamblegold
KVRer
5 posts since 24 Oct, 2005 from Ri'shah Kol

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:46 am

If you are having some issues with Cream please contact support@kirnuarp.com and we'll fix the problem you are having.

-Arto
Good to know -- thanks!

shortyedwards
KVRist
66 posts since 4 Jun, 2001 from Central New York, USA

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:06 am

Yay! This is great news. Happy to hear of any news re: Cream mobile, my current favorite on ios!

-SE
Thin drums are 'IN'!

Return to “Kirnu”