Help needed with Ilya Efimov Acoustic Guitar Complete

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I've just bought Ilya Efimov Acoustic Guitar Complete with the aim of replicating my songs on Logic Pro.

It sounds amazing.... but... I'm finding the PDF manual that comes with the program very hard to follow.

Does anyone know of any tutorials showing you how to use it? I've searched and there are only demos - and only one solitary tutorial for glissando.

Anyone able to help? Or anyone in London have an hour to spare!?

Thanks very much

Hello everyone - me again 4 years later - 2422 views of my question and zero answers...

I'm having another go at using IE Acoustic Guitar. I've made an articulation set, and one of the key switches is 'slide up'... but how do you 'slide down'? I'm trying to emulate a Travis style finger picking and have managed it by using midi channels (as there are duplicate notes on different strings), but I need to emulate sliding a chord down a whole tone, but without picking the notes - just slid, as you would on a real guitar.

When I asked last time, I was just told to 'read the manual' by Ilya - not very helpful/polite. Does anyone know how to do it please? Ilya - can you help me? Thanks.

abcd-abcd wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:05 pm but how do you 'slide down'?
Hello! Sorry that your question was unanswered previously. True short slide-downs aka falls were not sampled and designed for our guitar lines. However, you can try to emulate them by using gliss-down. But. Descending glisses work only for a single string. So it's not possible to gliss a whole chord, only if using 6 instances of the instrument in Kontakt and program a gliss down for each of six strings. Hope this helps.
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

Well, I appreciate your reply & candour. That is a rather unfortunate omission... surely this is an essential component in the emulation of a real guitarist's technique? I'll give it a go, but it's a huge amount of extra work... I can't help feeling that I wish I'd bought a different company's product in the first place. Hmmm, I'll ponder on that for a minute!

Did you read my original question about tutorials? It would be extremely helpful if there were some in-depth tutorials about e.g. how to emulate travis picking, chords, and all the other features... will there be some? Are there any tutorials for your other stringed instruments that would be a transferable teaching aid anyway? This is complex stuff and a PDF doesn't really cut it.

Please do let me know & thanks for your reply.

.. in fact an additional question - as I am using individual midi channels for each guitar string, is there a way of using glissando such that it pertains to only one midi channel? (I have tried it and I couldn't make it work)

abcd-abcd wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:23 pm .. in fact an additional question - as I am using individual midi channels for each guitar string, is there a way of using glissando such that it pertains to only one midi channel? (I have tried it and I couldn't make it work)
As I understand correctly you had an idea to use separate midi-channels for creating chord glissandos rather then using several instances of the instrument. I’ve checked if it can be accomplished and unfortunately it doesn’t work either. Glissandos algorithm was designed for a single string long slides. And in a case when several notes are involved it gets messed up.

abcd-abcd wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:20 pm It would be extremely helpful if there were some in-depth tutorials about e.g. how to emulate travis picking, chords, and all the other features... will there be some?
Our PDF tutorials are aimed to explain technical side of the virtual instruments we produce. Travis picking and chord are from musical realm, so we do not plunge into that. If you have questions about particular features and abilities of ours libraries, you can post them here.

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”