Issues with Uillean Pipes

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for creating the very nice Uillean Pipes. I just started playing (with) it and noticed some quirks that you can maybe clarify:

1. When playing legato notes while an articulation of Group 2 is enabled, there is no vibrato sample played. So when I use the mod wheel the sound fades out. Wouldn't it be possible to treat legato notes the same way as when sustain mode is enabled?

2. When switching Legato off, dynamics is automatically assigned to the same CC that is set for vibrato. Is this intended?

2b. When switching Legato off the issue I described in 1.) is reversed: only the vibrato samples are played.

3. I don't hear any Release Sounds.

4. The bellows noise is played only ~2,5 seconds and then stops until a new non-legato note is played. Shouldn't it be looped?

5. The Rolls sound like a truncated version of the mordents. In the manual you write that the roll uses previously pressed key. I do hear a difference, if I keep holding another key before playing the roll, but
the pitch has no influence on the ornament.

6. Also when playing a note while holding the previous key, then playing a roll and then letting go both notes, the previous note is played again and freezes until I play some note.

Hope you can help and will play some more tunes, now :)

(edit) I found the support page on the website :)

Dear @Katzenberserker,
Do you received some information from IE about your quirks?
I just bought this nice instrument, and also notice that the G5 keyswitch does not change the Reverb on/off.

Hi,
yes, they were pretty supportive. Just contact them directly.

Hi,
I also receive support from the website. The patch fix my issue.

Hello,
I just contacted them as after downloading the instrument I noticed an issue with the keyswitches:

Using Kontakt 6 (Windows 10, 64 bit) it seems that the keyswitches D2 and E2 to toggle the drones on/off and the type do not always work.

If I press the D2 key 5 times for example, they might just turn on once and then nothing would happen the next 4 times. Or maybe they turn on / off / on and then nothing the remaining 2 times... it seems random.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

EDIT: ...I should have read the manual, those keyswitches are velocity dependent!
Also support got back to me extremly quickly! :clap: :party: :tu:

vdk-john wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:56 pm the keyswitches D2 and E2 to toggle the drones on/off and the type do not always work.
Hello! As we have already answered you via the support desk, those two keyswitches are velocity-dependent. If you press them lightly they turn the relative control off. When pressed above velocity =64, they give "on" state.
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”