ila Efimov

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Postby Michael Blount; Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:48 am
Ilya Efimov Guitar Strum

Hello Everyone
I am new to this forum, reading through it there seems to be a lot of clever people on here. I'm not one of them but I have question.

I purchased Kontakt 5 for my 64 Bit computer and it works fine.

I also purchased Ilya Efimov Guitar Strum and downloaded the files to my hard drive. I know that somehow you have to unpack them in Winrar and put them into Kontakt 5 Library.
I am not good with technical stuff on computers so I am hoping there is someone on here who has got this software and as done this before. Is there someone on here who can explain in simple terms and talk me through the procedure, I have been in touch with Ilya Efimov and there support is not for me, I have written to them several times but I'm lucky if I get two line from their reply.
I really would appreciate it if someone could help me, I have had this product for two weeks now but still can't use it.

Kind Regards

Michael blount

Why have you posted the same post 8 times?

Yes, and it should have only be posted in Ilya Efimov subforum. Not everywhere else...

In any case, you're not supposed to use the "Add Library" function with any IE library. They just open normally when you double-click the NKI file, after you unpack the library from RAR archives.

From the manual (my emphasis)(you won't get any simpler help than this):

1. Please go to the download links you received after purchase and download all of the files.
2. Make sure you put all downloaded files into a single folder.
3. Unpack the downloaded files to any folder. Please note that the sample files you downloaded are a multi-part archive, so you do not need to extract every file; you only need to extract the first file that contains 'part1' in its name.
To extract your files we recommend using Winrar for PC users, or UnrarX or Rar-Expander for the Mac. They’re all free and you can find them here:
http://www.rarlab.com/ (for PC users)
http://www.unrarx.com/ (for MAC users)
http://download.cnet.com/unRAR/3000-2072_4-26159.html (for PC users)
http://rar-expander.en.softonic.com/mac (for MAC users)

3.1. Unpack the downloaded IELPS*.rar file into the same folder. It is your unique copy.

4. You need to have the full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later to use this library. The free Kontakt Player does NOT support this library.

5. Open the Kontakt 4 browser (look on the left-hand side of the Kontakt user interface) and click the “Files” tab. Find the library folder, which you extracted earlier, and double click on the Ilya_Efimov_LP_Strum.nki file which should be in that folder. You can use the Quick-Build Database option to allow Kontakt to find and store the location for faster browsing and loading...

Good luck!

Anyone seen my keys?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Anyone seen my keys?
Where did you last see them?

Hi
Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it,

I have actually read all that before from Ilya, but to be honest I am new to this and I'm not sure how you do it. What do you mean by unpack, is that drag and drop files into WinRAR and extract them.
I just need someone to give me a step by step instruction andexplain things.
There's some clever guys on here great site.

Michael Blount

So you couldn't google "how to unpack rar files with winrar"?

There is NO WAY you have installed Kontakt....nevermind....there is just no way this thread is real.

If it is...give up. Do not buy another plugin. Do not invest another dime. Learn how computers, the internet, and downloading works, before investing another cent in computer based music.

Spend the money on a guitar. Or a harmonica. Or a kazoo. But do not do another musical thing based on computers.

Contact KVR and have them delete your account.

And enjoy the kazoo.

You will have accomplished more humming and blowing than you have in looking at a rar file for TWO WEEKS on your computer!

Hello Ayorinde

Thank you for your help I now have it working averything is fine.

Regards

Michael Blount

The other guy thejonsolo who was quite rude on here needs to be taught some manners.

thejonsolo wrote:There is NO WAY you have installed Kontakt....nevermind....there is just no way this thread is real.

If it is...give up. Do not buy another plugin. Do not invest another dime. Learn how computers, the internet, and downloading works, before investing another cent in computer based music.

Spend the money on a guitar. Or a harmonica. Or a kazoo. But do not do another musical thing based on computers.

Contact KVR and have them delete your account.

And enjoy the kazoo.

You will have accomplished more humming and blowing than you have in looking at a rar file for TWO WEEKS on your computer!
This is one of the funniest posts on KVR I've come across.

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”