Is Ilya Efimov out of business?

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there,

I have an account, bought instruments in the past, so far so good. Now I'm working for a company who needs to purchase some bundles (as per my request), turns out, they can't create an account:
They never received any activation request email; they've tried to send them a support ticket, but the "send" button doesn't even work; their contact page is empty. I even tried to login with my personal account and tried to send them a ticket, same thing. Last, Ive tried to contact them through info@ilyaefimov.com, and got my email returned to me -> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<info@ilyaefimov.com>
(reason: 550 5.1.1 <info@ilyaefimov.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table)

Any news or update I've been missing? I've tried to google that and no info. The last reply they post to their Facebook account was in July 15th, so about 6 weeks ago ... no clue... :?

Try sending email to support@ilyaefimov.com. If that bounces, then try www@ilyaefimov.com. Also, try using Facebook's message system.

Please let us know whether any of these addresses work. Thanks.

for some reason there seems to be a problem there with certain emails like the ones created on tutanota.com

I had 2 plugins registered there and they got removed from my account (I have proof of having them and later gone)
I created a new account gmail email - ask them to transfer the products to my new email etc - they said they did and nothing..
I have not go them registered...I wanted to buy the LP complete but decided not to as they cannot be trusted (my opinion).

I'll wait for IK MULTIMEDIA for another MODO ELECTRIC GUITAR ;-) hopefully soon - cannot wait..I'm really hoping they r working on it now ;-)

cheers..
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

rrichard63 wrote:Try sending email to support@ilyaefimov.com. If that bounces, then try www@ilyaefimov.com. Also, try using Facebook's message system.

Please let us know whether any of these addresses work. Thanks.

Just sent an email to support@ilyaefimov.com ... so far no bounce. I'm gonna wait a few days see if they reply.
Will certainly let you know!

agaland wrote:Just sent an email to support@ilyaefimov.com ... so far no bounce. I'm gonna wait a few days see if they reply.
Thank you!

I have logged in successfully with my gmail...as I mentioned some emails dont work (no idea why)..
write to them on facebook ;-) - once I did - they replied and deleted my post somehow...haha...jokers..
well .. looks like they dont care about their business any more or really struggling with basic communication 4 some reason...

Forget it!

MODO ELECTRIC GUITARS WILL PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS ONCE IT'S RELEASED...MAY as WELL...
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

rrichard63 wrote:
agaland wrote:Just sent an email to support@ilyaefimov.com ... so far no bounce. I'm gonna wait a few days see if they reply.
Thank you!

Still no answer from support; same through Facebook message. I'm gonna purchase the instruments I need from other companies.

I hope Ilya is okay and will return eventually. His instruments are very good. There are other excellent guitar libraries, but fewer alternatives to some of his Russian and world instrument libraries.

That said, I do wish that developers who are no longer active would say that on their websites and in their KVR support forums.

After reading this I decided to take a stab at buying the duduk instrument from Ilya. I downloaded it and opened the file in Kontakt as per the instructions and it played OK in the stand alone version albeit in demo mode. I tried opening Reaper and opening the duduk file in Kontakt there the same way and it opened but did the same thing. It's telling me the demo is expired. When I click to activate it Native Access opens and the duduk is nowhere to be found there. The PDF instructions say:

You cannot use the “Libraries” tab to “Add Library” for this product.
Only encoded & locked “Powered-By-Kontakt” libraries.

Is this instrument just out of date and unsupported? Or is there a way anyone can think of to get this to work in Reaper/Kontakt and get rid of the demo mode problem? I messaged him on FB and sent an email. I'm not hopeful he'll respond judging from what I've read here.

EDIT: The developer DID contact me the next day as stated in my next response. I just wanted to make that clear. He's not MIA.
Last edited by phixate on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was hoping for a black Friday sale so I could purchase one of the bass libraries, but it sounds like e-mails and licensing might not even work. Can someone confirm what is happening?

OK so I just got a reply from him on FB and he said I need to buy the full version of Kontakt for demo mode to go away. I didn't even know there was a paid version since NI doesn't seem to link to it on their site. I guess they want people to just buy Komplete? I'm obviously new here and can say that the way NI does things is not very clear from go. You really have to do your research to know what you are getting into. You live and you learn. I am now faced with the decision of whether I want to jump into this community and spend more money. To do that I have to decide how far into this VI thing I want to go.

phixate wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:03 pm OK so I just got a reply from him on FB ...
Facebook it is, then. Thanks!

Hello good people! We're still in business and never were out. Concerning inability to register - some email servers consider activation email as a spam and either put them in spam folder or bounce them, never letting you know it was there.

Our advice in this case is to register another email box with Gmail. It works perfectly.
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

I was about to buy the Nylon Strum library but it looks like I missed the sale :(
Anyone know if there is likely to be a Christmas sale any time soon?

moi wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:44 am Hello good people! We're still in business and never were out. Concerning inability to register - some email servers consider activation email as a spam and either put them in spam folder or bounce them, never letting you know it was there.

Our advice in this case is to register another email box with Gmail. It works perfectly.
You need to create a new email address just to register a product? That’s unacceptable. I would consider that to be a critical flaw.
To the stars through desire.

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”