Ilya Efimov The Strum Tutorials

Official support for: ilyaefimov.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Ilya!

Can we expect some video tutorials of 'The Strum' in the future?

Thank you. :)

We'll do it!

Any strum tutorials posted?

Thank you.

Hy is there someboday who shares strumpatterns with me?

Thaqnks

I still have an unanswered support ticket with them since November 2019 about problems with Nylon Strum.
One reason why it will be my first and last product from them.

ZincT wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:12 pm I still have an unanswered support ticket with them since November 2019 about problems with Nylon Strum.
Hello! We do our best to answer all submitted tickets within 24 hours, and as you see here we react quickly. Also there's a chance that our answer went to spam folder. So could you please either describe your problem here or submit another ticket. Thanks!
official representative of Ilya Efimov Production

moi wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:20 pm
ZincT wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:12 pm I still have an unanswered support ticket with them since November 2019 about problems with Nylon Strum.
Hello! We do our best to answer all submitted tickets within 24 hours, and as you see here we react quickly. Also there's a chance that our answer went to spam folder. So could you please either describe your problem here or submit another ticket. Thanks!
Ok, well here's the ticket (which I also sent again in May 2020...
Tempo is wrong in pattern editor [Nylon Strum]
November 11, 2019 22:39

I am trying to use a 6/8 finger pattern (Style 11, pattern 2) but the tempo doesn't match the tempo of the song even with it sync'd to the song. The song tempo is 76 bpm but it's playing much faster than that. I have tried using the Half tempo option but that is too slow. If I use the internal clock and set it to around 51 bpm it seems about right but loses sync after a while. So is there any way I can sync it correctly to the tempo of my song? I am on version 1.52 of Nylon Strum according to the title in Kontakt (purchased around 1 year ago) so wondered if there is a later version. Thanks

ZincT wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:28 pm Ok, well here's the ticket (which I also sent again in May 2020...
I've traced this particular ticket. It was answered the next day when received.
tempo.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by moi on Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@moi
I still don't see any reply in my account. It lists both tickets but no response.
I also didn't receive any email.

Let's continue this discussion by message.
Thanks

ZincT wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:38 pm Let's continue this discussion by message.
Thanks
Ok, no problem. You can post your feedback here.

moi wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:41 pm
ZincT wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:38 pm Let's continue this discussion by message.
Thanks
Ok, no problem. You can post your feedback here.
Ok, thanks for your response. I did check my email at the time. I am careful to check for emails going into spam especially when I'm expecting a reply from someone.

At the time and after waiting for ages, I just found another solution (a UJAM library) and moved on, so I haven't used Nylon Strum since then.

Anyway, I'm happy to have a response now but I think your ticket system needs improving as it still only shows my tickets and no responses.

Maybe you could explain how to achieve what you describe in your response? i.e. how to transfer the 6/8 pattern to a 4/4 one in your strum editor.

Thanks

ZincT wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:54 pm Maybe you could explain how to achieve what you describe in your response? i.e. how to transfer the 6/8 pattern to a 4/4 one in your strum editor.
Our 6/8 patterns in the Strum were created for 4/4 projects. It may sound odd, but it’s a more professional way to deal with tempos like 6/8 or 12/8. But your project is 6/8 initially, so in your case Strum's 6/8 patterns must be tweaked like shown on the picture below.
6.8 in 4.4.jpg
Also at this link you can download a preset for Strum of the pattern demonstrated above: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/y_LwB4942YFVHw. Note that before using Import button an empty Style line must be selected (number 16 in the list) and 1st Pattern line for it. Only if these both conditions are met, you'll see a new style in line number 16 and its patter in line 1.
6.8 in 4.4-2.png
Let me know if this helps and gives you a clue how to build 6/8 patterns in 6/8 projects.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks @moi I will give it a try.

@moi
Works perfectly. thanks :tu:

Incidentally, here's what I see in my account under tickets. You can see my questions but no replies.
Most ticketing systems that I have seen include the replies against each question and don't just rely on email.

Return to “Ilya Efimov Production”