Virtuoso Ensembles sale ?

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When does it end?
This library sounds real good, with a light foot print.

October 29th

How does this compare to Diamond Orchestra?

Thanks,
Mario

mabian wrote:How does this compare to Diamond Orchestra?
Diamond Orchestra has several section sizes -- including solo -- for many of the instruments. Virtuoso Ensembles has one section size for the strings and brass and solo patches for the woodwinds. They are for use in very different situations. You might use Virtuoso Ensembles while composing/arranging and then Diamond for recording.

The user interfaces are also very different. Virtuoso Ensembles features a clever way to assign instrument sections to note ranges (which can overlap). Diamond features a clever way to change section sizes, and an intimidating array of articulation switches. And so on.

What I don't know is whether the raw samples in Virtuoso Ensembles are a subset of those in Diamond, or are new recordings. Can anyone help out with that question?
Last edited by rrichard63 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rrichard63 wrote: ... What I don't know is whether the raw samples in Virtuoso Ensembles are a subset of those in Diamond, or are new recordings. Can anyone help out with that question?
The answer is in the manual and I missed it:
Are the samples in Virtuoso Ensembles different than other Kirk Hunter libraries?

Yes with the exception of the piano and the tympani. HOWEVER, the programming in these instruments is SO enhanced that it creates a difference so distinct as to render these instruments completely unique.
https://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/virtu ... embles.pdf

Hat tip to the person on VI-Control who found this for me.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”