Q: Diamond downloads changed?

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ha!

I just tried to download my Concert Brass 2 to see if there were any updates and I cannot reset the last rar file. I got all but the last one =)

I have to wait for Kirk to reset my Diamond downloads as I do not have access to any of them yet.

Dewdman42 wrote:He did respond and told me to view the actual sales transitions to see a list of downloads rather then using the so called downloads area.
I tried that by clicking [View} next to the order line but still get the newer list of 46 downloads, including Diamond Part 01 to Part 40.

So I'm stuck too.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Ok, so Make sure in kirkhunterstudios.com that you don't try to use the downloads section. Go to your orders and you will see two buttons, one labeled "View" and one labeled "PDF Invoice". Click the "View" button and that should call up the correct downloads. This was explained to my by Kirk at some point.

As of the recent update, I see 57 rar parts for Diamond. So if you are seeing something with only 40 parts, its not the recent thing he made available to me.

For Concert Brass 2 I see 30 rar parts.

I was able to extract both collections without errors and they are working.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

The "Downloads" section is badly broken here as well: I see just some of the rar files.

But... the "View" section that shows by choosing the only Diamond order I've done only shows 40 rar files. And, as mentioned above, they seem broken - probably missing some archive files indeed.

- Mario

email Kirk.

Just done it through the contact form on his website.

Will update here if I have significant news.

Thanks,
Mario

Kirk responded and reset all of my downloads and now they appear to be correct.

Dewdman42 wrote:As of the recent update, I see 57 rar parts for Diamond.
Is it obvious what instruments etc are in each of those 57 downloads? Or are they named generically, in which case I would have to download all 57 of them.

Hmm, this page, https://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/produ ... orchestra/ still says "(40 Downloadable Files)". And Diamond now needs Kontakt 5.3.2 or higher.

@ Dewdman42: could you perhaps let us know the contents, and download size, of those 57 files?
Inspired by ...

You need all 57 as they are parts of one large rar archive, that has been saved in smaller chunks. A rar archive is like a zip file. So you have to download all of it and extract the whole diamond.

I will make a listing later but mainly this is supposed to be the same as what was there before except the TVEC woodwinds are there. I believe the whole diamond is around 40gb now but I have to check later. If you had a really older version of diamond then this may be significantly smaller because a couple years ago Kirk went through and removed a lot of duplicate samples that were in there.

If you don’t see 57 rar parts then your account needs to be updated to see it, so email Kirk or try to hit the button labeled “resend download links”

OK, thank you.

PS Downloading 40 GB will cost me over £90, courtesy of my ISP. A multi-part RAR is not a good idea (for me).
Inspired by ...

switch ISP's. Rar's ultimately keep the size of the download down, multi-part or not and it makes sure to download the whole product in a consistent state, versus trying to figure out how to allow you to download only a small part of it.

almost 24 hours and no reply from KH so far...

- Mario

it took a while for me to get a response also, days. But he will respond. Make sure to try to find the "resend new download link button" if you can find it, which might reset your downloads page for you without his help

I had some problems with the reset download -- the links it produced would result in Amazon errors. But they responded and fixed things pretty quickly. The new download version is much better. It's already Kontakt compressed and includes all the things that were missing from the last download (from end of 2016). The download is a bit large though (38.6gb decompresses to 42.1gb) but still better (size wise) than when I first bought it.
-Matt

I just tried the "Resend download link" button, and I'm still getting 40 rar files.

I will wait for KH to reply...

- Mario

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”