Q: Diamond downloads changed?

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I looked in my KHS account a couple of months ago, I could see the 97+ .zip files for the samples, plus the 2 Solos Strings, documentation and the TVEC3.1 and TVEC4 .zip files.

This has now changed to about 40 .rar files, plus some recent fixes.

What is the difference? How do I find out what instruments are in each of those 40 .rar files?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I'd also like to know if anything hase been changed / updated since my purchase on March 25, 2016.
Thank you!

I am also curious about this. Is there any reason why users of the older (.zip) version should download/install the newer (.rar) version?

In another thread, it was reported that the new version is some non-trivial number of gigabytes smaller than the old one. What, if anything has been deleted from the product?

Thanks in advance.

--Bob Richard

I downloaded and unpacked the August 26, 2016 (.rar) version of Diamond. Not counting the documentation files (and not counting several hundred Macintosh-specific files that I deleted), it contains 62,775 files totaling 60,655,274,942 bytes. The older (.zip) version that I downloaded when Diamond was on sale at VSTBuzz, contains 158,231 files totaling 76,365,988,629 bytes (also not including the documentation and several hundred Macintosh-specific files that I deleted).

The two versions have totally different subdirectory structures, making it essentially impossible to compare them -- or even to determine whether the filenames are the same.

What was the 14.6 gigabytes of material that was in the previous, larger version but is not in the more recent, smaller version?

Thanks in advance.

--Bob Richard

I read that some of these library files were reorganized into half as many (but double the size) for ease of download.

^^^^
DarkStar wrote: How do I find out what instruments are in each of those 40 .rar files?
That is, before downloading each of them.

And it's been 5 months without any response from KHS :(
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Fleer wrote:I read that some of these library files were reorganized into half as many (but double the size) for ease of download.
Thanks. Your comment refers to the switch from 100 (approximately) .zip files to 40 .rar files. I'm asking about the contents of those archives.

I looked into this further, and found that the number of .wav files decreased by about 22,000 with a related decreased in size of roughly 21.5 gigabytes. On the other hand, the number of .ncw files increased by 7,400 with a related increase in size of roughly 6.2 gigabytes. The net decrease in size accounted for by these two file types adds up to 15.3 gigabytes.

But this information leaves unanswered the question whether any articulations or features were changed or dropped. See, for example, the more recent library Concert Strings 3, where the ability to solo just one chair was dropped during an update, apparently without any formal announcement. That's the kind of change I'm wondering about here.

As of now the diamond download files do not appear to even be available any longer??
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote:As of now the diamond download files do not appear to even be available any longer??
They are still in my account.

Well .... are there more then one place to find out account? When I recently bought the virtuoso ensembles, I logged into an account and it showed all the products I own, with downloads for most of them but not for diamond, diamond it only had a documentation zip file available

Dewdman42 wrote:Well .... are there more then one place to find out account? When I recently bought the virtuoso ensembles, I logged into an account and it showed all the products I own, with downloads for most of them but not for diamond, diamond it only had a documentation zip file available
That sounds like a database problem. I would try to reach them through the contact form on the website. They don't seem to respond here any more.

Anyone find an answer to this conundrum yet?

No but I haven't tried to email Kirk yet either.

Let us know what he says! Good luck!

He did respond and told me to view the actual sales transitions to see a list of downloads rather then using the so called downloads area. I did that and was able to see links, however they links were expired and hitting the request for relink, didn't work.

There is also a button to request a new email be sent with the download information, presumably with fresh links that work, but unfortunately that doesnt' work for me because for some reason some of these orders on record there don't have my billing information, including email, so the request for download link just responds that it sent an email to "blank".

So as of now I am unable to download the most recent Diamond or make any comment about how it may have changed. I'm also unable to redownload CB2, most of it downloads, but the last rar part file gives me an error message about expired link also and I can't seem to fix it.

Still hoping to get a follow up email from Kirk.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”