Kirk Hunter Diamond Symphony Orchestra Support

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Diamond_Strings_TVEC3"

Is there any way to have direct control of the "Attack", or maybe disable it from the script, so I can have full control?

tdm wrote:
I think the Harp in this library sounds great, with a lot of useful variations. But, I have found a few problems in a few of the instruments. Here's the list:

1) Harp, 01_gliss_down_fast_maj.nki – The lowest sample on C5 is
HpDnSmallMaj_087.wav.
It should be
HpDnSmallMaj_084.wav.
Mine is correct right out of the box. No need for a fix here.

You can correct this by selecting “Exchange Sample” in the Edit pulldown within the Mapping Editor.
Don't forget to save the altered instrument over the old one.

2) Harp, 02_gliss_up_fast_min.nki – This instrument sounds muffled because there is an LP 4 filter sitting in the first Group Insert Fx slot. Delete this filter to correct the problem.

Steve Replied:
Not on mine. It sounds good and there are no FX in the Insert Effects area.

tdm wrote:
3) Harp, 06_gliss_up_long_aug.nki – This instrument is screwed up in an interesting way. Its range is from C1 to C3, and C1 to E1 play correctly. But, the sample was missed for F1, so they are all off by one key. So F1 uses the sample intended for F#1, F#1 uses the sample intended for G1, etc. The reason for this appears to be that the samples are all named HpUpLongAug_nn.nki, where the nn is a two digit number, starting with 36 on C1. Unfortunately, the sample intended for F1 is called HpUpLongAugF2.nki. It should have been named HpUpLongAug_41.nki, which is missing.
So, to fix this every sample starting at C3 must be replaced with the one below it. Yikes! I corrected this manually using Exchange Sample. There is probably a more automatic way to do this if you rename the file to HpUpLongAug_41.nki, but I was afraid of some sort of unintended consequences by renaming it.

Steve Replied:
Same symptoms for me but the sample names aren't the same in my version.
Easier fix:
1) Highlight all regons from F1 up to the last at the top ... C3.
2) Drag them all up one note by grabbing F1 and pulling to the right pitting the regon that was on F1 on F#1.
3) Select only the top regon which is now C#3 and drag it down to fill the empty spot at F1.
Done!

tdm wrote:
4) Harp, 11_harpRollUpLong_k_c0_c#0.nki – This is the only instrument in the KEYSWITCHED category. The HpUpLongMinC3.wav sample has a glitch in both channels (these are stereo samples) about 190.ms from their start. This instrument uses keyswitching to change the chord used for it’s upward arpeggiation. With the C#0 keyswitch selected, this sample is stretched over the bottom six notes of its 18 note range. This sample is also used for the topmost note. Hey Kirk, any chance of fixing this sample?

Steve Replied:
Not on mine. It's fine. No glitch.

Strange that you're finding different problems, and some that I don't have, and even different sample names, in your new version, when I purchased mine June 21, 2014.

If you have other computers, you could use it / them in parallel . . . if your internet connection is fast enough. Then, just transfer them all to the music computer via a hard drive
TDM: That's a good idea -- thanks for the suggestion -- I might try that.
As for the file names, they should match, except that they have .zip on the end. What do yours look like
Not at that computer right now -- but my recollection was that the download links were just "Diamond" numbered and when they arrived as download files the titles had change dto more specific instrument/section names. If they indeed only changed by adding the '.zip' extension, that should not not have thrown me off as I'm used to that. It's possible I simply wasn't paying attention because I was trying to download the Diamond files -- while multi-tasking -- and just got frustrated and stopped.

Anyway, thanks again for your response -- and to Nousndthem, too.

songshark wrote:Not at that computer right now -- but my recollection was that the download links were just "Diamond" numbered and when they arrived as download files the titles had change dto more specific instrument/section names. If they indeed only changed by adding the '.zip' extension, that should not not have thrown me off as I'm used to that. It's possible I simply wasn't paying attention because I was trying to download the Diamond files -- while multi-tasking -- and just got frustrated and stopped.

Anyway, thanks again for your response -- and to Nousndthem, too.
Just for reference, here is how the downloads looked to me:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nousndthem wrote:tdm wrote:
1) Harp, 01_gliss_down_fast_maj.nki – The lowest sample on C5 is HpDnSmallMaj_087.wav. It should be
HpDnSmallMaj_084.wav.
Steve Replied:
Mine is correct right out of the box. No need for a fix here.

tdm wrote:
2) Harp, 02_gliss_up_fast_min.nki – This instrument sounds muffled because there is an LP 4 filter sitting in the first Group Insert Fx slot. Delete this filter to correct the problem.
Steve Replied:

tdm wrote:
3) Harp, 06_gliss_up_long_aug.nki – This instrument is screwed up in an interesting way. Its range is from C1 to C3, and C1 to E1 play correctly. But, the sample was missed for F1, so they are all off by one key . . .
Steve Replied:
Same symptoms for me but the sample names aren't the same in my version.
Easier fix:
1) Highlight all regons from F1 up to the last at the top ... C3.
2) Drag them all up one note by grabbing F1 and pulling to the right pitting the regon that was on F1 on F#1.
3) Select only the top regon which is now C#3 and drag it down to fill the empty spot at F1.
Done!

tdm wrote:
4) Harp, 11_harpRollUpLong_k_c0_c#0.nki – This is the only instrument in the KEYSWITCHED category. The HpUpLongMinC3.wav sample has a glitch in both channels (these are stereo samples) about 190.ms from their start.
Steve Replied:
Not on mine. It's fine. No glitch.

Strange that you're finding different problems, and some that I don't have, and even different sample names, in your new version, when I purchased mine June 21, 2014.
You're telling me. Kirk, can you explain this . . . and fix my glitchy sample?

Steve Replied:
My mistake: I listed the wrong instrument file it is 03_gliss_up+dn_maj6.nki. Here is a picture that shows the problem.
Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 8.50.30 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tdm wrote:
Steve Replied:
My mistake: I listed the wrong instrument file it is 03_gliss_up+dn_maj6.nki. Here is a picture that shows the problem.
OK. Yes. It's the same in mine.

Are there any fixes available for some of the instruments in KH Diamond? I'm thinking specifically of the woodwinds that seem to contain some unwanted brass samples and are therefore unusable in their current state. I've seen mention of some other issues too, but the woodwinds one is a showstopper at the moment.

Forgive me if this has been asked already - I've trawled through a number of threads and forums but haven't found a definitive answer, except for something back in 2012 which I think was for an older version.

Which instruments do you see this problem on?

I'd need to get home to confirm 100% but I'm pretty sure it was the TVEC-3 oboe, clarinet and flute. Not every sample though - perhaps only certain velocities of round robin variations? It sounds like a short brass sample of some sort, occasionally layered in with the normal, expected woodwind sample.

There is a good example of it here (at 06:13)
https://youtu.be/hZ3Yr6DsEss?t=6m13s

Confirmed (I only looked at the oboe):

Trumpet samples in some Groups
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Kirk,

PLEASE make these available to everyone if there are repairs made.

Thank you!

Steve Karl

DarkStar wrote:Confirmed (I only looked at the oboe):
Thanks DarkStar. I just had a better look then and I'm getting it on the oboe, flute, clarinet and english horn. In all cases switching off IntervalLive gets rid of the unwanted samples so I guess it's in there somewhere. I'm hesitant to jump in and try to remove them in case I get rid of some samples that I shouldn't or otherwise break things.

Kirk, (or anybody else confident in doing so), any chance of removing the unwanted samples from these instruments and making the repaired ones available to everybody? Seems to me like it might be a simple job for anybody that knows what they're doing in Kontakt.

CJ_83 wrote:
DarkStar wrote:Confirmed (I only looked at the oboe):
Thanks DarkStar. I just had a better look then and I'm getting it on the oboe, flute, clarinet and english horn. In all cases switching off IntervalLive gets rid of the unwanted samples so I guess it's in there somewhere. I'm hesitant to jump in and try to remove them in case I get rid of some samples that I shouldn't or otherwise break things.

Kirk, (or anybody else confident in doing so), any chance of removing the unwanted samples from these instruments and making the repaired ones available to everybody? Seems to me like it might be a simple job for anybody that knows what they're doing in Kontakt.
I am not an expert on Kontakt programming, but I suspect that this is a scripting error. As the script is locked, Kirk Hunter is the only person who can fix these things.

It bothers me that these problems exist in a library that I spent $116 on, but I would be incredibly pissed-off if I had spent $500 on it. I feel bad for those of you who find yourselves in this situation.

I have tried to contact Kirk concerning some things that didn't get fixed before, but he has stopped replying to me. That, and the lack of response here, leads me to the conclusion that we've been abandoned.

Kirk: If you are reading this, please tell me I'm wrong and let us know what the plan is here? All of us who spent money on this deserve a product that works. We at least deserve some sort of reply.
Last edited by tdm on Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Completely agree on all points. A reply would at least be nice. I was aware of the issue before I purchased so I don't feel too hard done by. I just assumed there would have been some sort of update to fix it, or at least some support.

Between this and the cumbersome download, I'd be very annoyed if I'd paid full price. At the discounted group buy price I can't complain, even if IntervalLive can't be used for the woodwinds.

I'd be hesitant to buy another KH product now though, which is a shame because I love so many aspects of this one.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”