CS3 and Kontakt 5.8

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The product description for Concert Strings 3 says it requires Kontakt 5.4.1 through 5.7.1 and is not fully compatible with 5.8 or newer. Does anybody know what the issues are? I'm interested in this but not interested enough to maintain multiple copies of Kontakt 5. Thanks in advance.

Hmm, that's odd. I have always thought that Kontakt versions were backwards-compatible. THat is version X would load and play any instruments created in version X or earlier.

It would be good to hear from Kirk.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:49 pm It would be good to hear from Kirk.
As far as I know, Kirk Hunter Studios has abandoned this forum and now provides support by email only. I was hoping an end user would have some experience to share.

UPDATE: I got a prompt reply to an email inquiry. They are planning a workaround but it's not available yet. The problem is that there are UI controls that don't work in Kontakt 5.8.

There's an update for Concert Strings 3 (v1.4). Works in Kontakt 5.8 and Kontakt 6. Available on the site (scroll down to the 'requirements' tab). Get it while you can...product to be discontinued after current sale.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”