WTF Arturia, why doesn't Analog Lab 4 contain the complete presets of the new instruments?

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let’s not jump the gun, Analog Lab 4 is incredible! It’s not meant to offer all the instrument features of the entire v collection which is it’s own product of all each individual instrument with more in depth editing and presets... If you own V Collection then you can access the full featured version of each individual instrument from within Analog Lab. AL was developed to act as a main hub for Arturia products. For instance, I also access Arturia Pigments (A separate modern wavetable/multi-oscillator sound design based synth) and all of its presets from Analog Lab 4. Analog Lab 4 is also for live performances, it has “concert mode” and “Stage View” which are game changers! It has a performance manager which lets you organize performances/shows ahead of time down to listing each song, the song order, placing every instrument, preset, all variations, pre-recorded content, instrument combos, add pre-mixed/adjusted/edited Instrument presets so you don’t have to worry about adjusting on the fly or maybe you want or need several different variations. It’s basically a full featured live performance DAW on top of everything else. Also, you should check Arturia page and make sure you downloaded and installed “Synthopedia” that is basically all the presets and sound patches but I’m not sure if that is only for V-Collection owners or if it came with Analog Lab, I’d check just in case. You can also rent-to-own V Vollection 7.1 on Splice for $25 a month and imo it’s worth every penny... It comes with over 8000 presets and every individual instrument has a modern pop up menu with modern soft synth features and FX... So you not only get every single emulated instrument and the accurate controls, features, and sound but you have the capability of further curating/editing with the modern features found in today’s soft synths which is what really sold me! Having this collection of emulated vintage instruments Is great but the added modernization of each instrument took it from being an awesome collection to a game changer that covers everything! V-Collection 7.1 with Analog Lab 4 is all most musicians would ever need even though I have several other plugins and soft synths, Arturia pretty much has 99% of it covered... A good Sampler and Wavetable synth like Serum or I can’t recommend Sonic Academy ANA2 enough! There is also the NI Komplete, Kontrol, Massive X route... I’m finding that V Collection 7.1 w/Analog Lab 4 is a better product overall.

I really think that Arturia wanna recommend the user who only own Analog Lab to buy V collection.

Kokurushi wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:20 am I really think that Arturia wanna recommend the user who only own Analog Lab to buy V collection.
Totally agree. I've just updated Analog Lab 4 and it only contains a measly 10 presets from the new OB-Xa compared to several hundred each for most of their other instruments.

minijetsdonttalk wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:42 pm
Kokurushi wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:20 am I really think that Arturia wanna recommend the user who only own Analog Lab to buy V collection.
Totally agree. I've just updated Analog Lab 4 and it only contains a measly 10 presets from the new OB-Xa compared to several hundred each for most of their other instruments.
Yes. If you purchase OB-Xa, all of its presets will be unlocked and available in the latest version of Analog Lab 4.

If Analog Lab 4 provided all of the presets from the get-go, then there would be little incentive for people like me (who just want to play with pre-existing presets) to purchase the full version of the collection or the individual instrument plugins.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Just buy V Collection 7. Its value is unprecedented in the soft synth world.

Chrisk-K wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:22 pm Just buy V Collection 7. Its value is unprecedented in the soft synth world.
It's okay. But TBH, I only regularly use 3 or 4 of the items in V Collection. Its a good collection if you want discover and learn how old synths worked. But there are other products out there are are most useful in making "modern" electronic based music.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Hey guys.. so I just started making music again, through my teens and 20's I played guitar/vox in several indie rock/alt-country bands throughout MI, TN, TX etc. Boring grown up responsibilities slowly pulled me away and the next thing I knew I didn't even really like music anymore. But the pandemic gave me the time to reconnect with music and fall back in love with making it, this time I'm just doing electronic based stuff (always been a huge fan of electronic/ambient/hip hop). I'm gradually building a new recording/mixing setup from the ground up.

Last week I purchased a PreSonus Audiobox USB interface with 2 inputs. It came bundled with a ton of downloadable software. I am seriously blown away by Analog Lab 4. Unfortunately, the version included is the "Lite" version. While it does offer a lot of awesome sounds, I want to go ahead and upgrade to the full version. For $70 it seemed well worth it.

And that's how I found this thread. I'm reading up as much as I can be sure this is the route I want to go. You guys all seem to be super knowledgeable so I'm hoping I can pick your brains a little bit. I'm sorry if my questions are dumb, I'm trying my hardest to re-learn all of this stuff.

Here's the main thing I'm trying to understand..
1. What is the main difference between buying a full version of Analog Lab 4 ($199, $70 if upgrading from Lite) versus buying V Collection 7 ($500)?

For my particular purposes, I run FL Studio 20 with a pretty basic Nektar midi controller.
2. It appears that Analog Lab 4 will work as a VST plugin in most DAWs, correct? In other words, would I be getting the same level of integration from Analog Lab 4 as I would from the V Collection?

A friend of mine has been telling me he wants to purchase Omnisphere 2. It's also $499.
3. How is a program like Analog Lab 4 different from something like Omnisphere 2?

Again, I'm sorry if my questions are stupid. But you guys seem to definitely know what you're talking about and I was hoping y'all could educate me. Thanks for reading!

dont know much about omnisphere. dont use it. RE: arturia. wait for black friday and get vcollection. i think you will get it for $99. comes with all the synths and analog lab but no effects. yes. they all work as VSTs in other DAWs. good luck.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:55 pm dont know much about omnisphere. dont use it. RE: arturia. wait for black friday and get vcollection. i think you will get it for $99. comes with all the synths and analog lab but no effects. yes. they all work as VSTs in other DAWs. good luck.
Not sure where you've seen it for $99. I think it is usually half price i.e. $249 on Black Friday.

telecode wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:55 pm dont know much about omnisphere. dont use it. RE: arturia. wait for black friday and get vcollection. i think you will get it for $99. comes with all the synths and analog lab but no effects. yes. they all work as VSTs in other DAWs. good luck.
Wow, thank you for that information.. I was also looking at potentially just purchasing the Mellotron V. There are only 4x different presets in Analog Lab 4 LITE for it, and it looks like even after you upgrade to the full version you don't get any additional Mellotron presets.

Individually buying the Mellotron V straight from Arturia appears to cost $199, but I also found it on Sweetwater for $99 (deal is good through October 3). I think I'll definitely be doing that. Do you guys know if there would be any difference at all if I purchase through Sweetwater versus directly from Arturia?

I also purchased Iris 2 over the weekend, I found it on sale on PluginBoutique for $10! So far I absolutely love it.

leeleema wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 pm
Not sure where you've seen it for $99. I think it is usually half price i.e. $249 on Black Friday.
Still though that seems like a really good deal

leeleema wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 pm
the upgrade was $99. i guess $250 if you dont own old vers.

Analog Lab 5 grew in size from 1.4Gb to 2Gb but the number of presets went from 6800 to 2400.

Fleer wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:35 am Analog Lab 5 grew in size from 1.4Gb to 2Gb but the number of presets went from 6800 to 2400.
That's not good. I am showing that I own Analog 5 but it isn't letting me update or download it yet. Perhaps it will be enabled after I update. I haven't bought V Collection 7 or 8 but I will be doing the upgrade next fall when they have the sale 99 USD upgrade sale again. I also have a spare Analog Lab 4 NFR that I won in a give away which shows that I have 2 licences attached to it. 4 and 5 .

telecode wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:58 pm
Chrisk-K wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:22 pm Just buy V Collection 7. Its value is unprecedented in the soft synth world.
It's okay. But TBH, I only regularly use 3 or 4 of the items in V Collection. Its a good collection if you want discover and learn how old synths worked. But there are other products out there and are most useful in making "modern" electronic based music.
You could probably get V7 used for the price of 3-4 items, but you get 6 times as many instead including all their presets in Analog Lab...

Return to “Arturia”