WTF Arturia, why doesn't Analog Lab 4 contain the complete presets of the new instruments?

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

B3 V2 has fewer presets than version 1 did so that might be the difference.

I am very concerned (freaked out) because after I accepted the update to my V Collection 6 (as suggested by Arturia Software Center), my live host now is saying "cannot find AnalogLab 3". !!!!!!!
This may have just hosed my whole live setup. HOW DO I GET ANALOG LAB 3 BACK??????
HELP!!! This is serious. !!!!!

dougalex wrote: ↑Sat May 11, 2019 1:26 am I am very concerned (freaked out) because after I accepted the update to my V Collection 6 (as suggested by Arturia Software Center), my live host now is saying "cannot find AnalogLab 3". !!!!!!!
This may have just hosed my whole live setup. HOW DO I GET ANALOG LAB 3 BACK??????
HELP!!! This is serious. !!!!!
Here is the download link from Arturia: http://downloads.arturia.net/products/a ... 3_2000.exe
Last edited by tonedef71 on Sat May 11, 2019 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

jsp1979 wrote: ↑Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 am B3 V2 has fewer presets than version 1 did so that might be the difference.
Thank you for sharing this. Do you happen to know just how many fewer presets B3 V2 has?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:15 am Hi maximoog,

the update from AL3 to AL4 is free and we included lot's of new feature as well as some of the presets of the new instruments.
This is from our point of view pretty fair. If you want to get more, yes you will have to pay. Sorry for that but creating these instruments is lot's of work and cost us a lot.

Kevin
Yeah, you can hold whatever point of view you want, and so can your customers. I really don't care all that much and I agree with the previous posters who acknowledged that Arturia has the right to change their policy.

However, your computation of the value proposition is not your customer's. I always thought that it was super cool of Arturia to have all of the presets in Analog Lab and to provide that update for free to older V-collection owners. I've even said this publicly before.

Now though, it's a demo and does not have the same coolness factor. Because of your change, it induces you to include only the sounds that have wide appeal, i.e., the sounds that I don't really care about and this increases the level of lameness. Oh look, it's a handful of sounds that sound like some CZ sample library that I got off of a magazine for free in 1993.

So, from my point of view, I don't see the point of installing future versions of analog lab. I don't care about the "new features," it can make me toast and I still wouldn't care. It "was" the running leading edge of my engagement with the V-Collection. Now it's just a demo and not compelling enough to keep installed since there isn't enough of the new in there with the old for which I already have full versions.

So, to summarize:

Arturia's old position on Analog Lab : Very cool, think Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream level of cool.

Arturia's new position on Analog Lab : Very lame, think Walmart levels of lame.

B-3 V2 only comes with 50 or so presets, I think. If you go into the Analog Lab menu in the top toolbar, you can check "Include Legacy Sounds" which will add presets from B-3 V1.

Ealier software versions are available the softwares' resource pages on the Arturia website.

CC4 wrote: ↑Sat May 11, 2019 2:47 am If you go into the Analog Lab menu in the top toolbar, you can check "Include Legacy Sounds" which will add presets from B-3 V1.
Thanks. Where exactly is the "Include Legacy Sounds" checkbox? I am not seeing it.

It would be under the About item. The manual says "This menu only appears if you have installed version 1 of Piano V or B-3V."

CC4 wrote: ↑Sat May 11, 2019 3:08 am It would be under the About item. The manual says "This menu only appears if you have installed version 1 of Piano V or B-3V."
Ah. I do not currently have B-3 installed. If I install the other instruments in V Collection 6, does that "legacy presets" option apply to those other instruments as well?

I still have older versions of several instruments installed, so I cannot say for sure if that's the requirement or not - but Piano V and B-3V are the only ones with legacy presets.

I have the full suite and most expansions, but this topic raises a question. As a user who has all synths installed, does this mean my instance of analog lab is a complete representation of all presets that is in the full bundle or is it also a handful of best of presets?

Also I have genesis tribute in analog lab 3 do I need to reinstall or does v4 import it somehow?

Jojoboy wrote: ↑Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:34 pm does this mean my instance of analog lab is a complete representation of all presets that is in the full bundle
Yes
Also I have genesis tribute in analog lab 3 do I need to reinstall or does v4 import it somehow?
Nope, it should be visible in Analog Lab 4.

I think it would have been better if they made the upgrade for Analog Lab from v3 to v4 a paid upgrade, and include all presets from all instruments. Just thinking long term, when they keep including only a few presets for every new instrument in the future, Analog Lab will become less and less interesting.

They could still release a 'full' version of Analog Lab, containing all presets. If the upgrade price is reasonable I think most people wouldn't mind paying for it.

There are of course always people who think everything should be free, just ignore them. :P

For someone who doesn't have any Arturia stuff, would you guys recommend getting Analog Lab 4?
Make music :harp:

StickyWicket wrote: ↑Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:24 pm For someone who doesn't have any Arturia stuff, would you guys recommend getting Analog Lab 4?
you need to decide for yourself. try the demo. i use it and like it but i sometimes find the filtering of presents it a little intuitive compared to some other tools.
🌐 Spotify πŸ”΅ Soundcloud πŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to β€œArturia”