are

the

Arturia

servers

so

incredibly

incredibly

slow?

I can think of no software developer -- and certainly none so august as Arturia -- that has slower download servers. One wonders if the entire operation is run off a laptop. It takes me hours and hours to update their software, even when the updates are minor.

It could be because they just released Arturia Collection 7.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Yeah I'm getting a magnificent 3.7KB/s! Even tried just getting the mellotron demo directly from the site - It's still saying 3 DAYS download time since yesterday (and this is in LA so not like I'm in the middle of nowhere). I don't understand how a software company this old and this size doesn't use something like Amazon's cloud options to serve downloads so that it's scalable when there's high demand

I was not able to download updates then I created a VPN in France, everything went fast. I dont know why the download are so slow out of france, or near Europe.

Here from Asia I spent 2 days trying to get AL4 update and was about 13%. From a local server in France it took few seconds to download it then get it back to my computer took few minutes (1.3Gb). For other updated I have then used a VPN, that went smoothly. Definitely a network restriction policy, cost saving, while just putting them on Amazon S3 will speed up download for everyone.

It took me a while to remember this, as I had trouble downloading Analog Lab 4: it said up to 3 days to download, then it crashed during the night. Use the Arturia Software Center, it worked in a few minutes for AL4 for me!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

TN, USA, Comcast 175 mgbt download speed...Trial V7 offer download/install using the Install App...excruciatingly slow, slower even than Steinberg. Apparently due to the free nature of this, I'd recommend doing this during the middle of the night, wherever you are located. Thankfully, the download process can be paused if one is in the middle of a recording session.
Still, it is an incredibly generous trial offer from Arturia, FULLY operational. REALLY smart business practice. great sounds as well. The B3 V2 compares quite favorably with the DB33 and B5 V 2. In addition, Arturia's GUI's and straightforward operations are amazingly good.

In Montana, on our slow ISP, took nearly three days. I had activation issues once I got it all. Only a few instruments came on line. Help desk just said Deactivate all and try again. Worked.
This wasn't half bad compared to the problems I had with WAVES. I finally got a sales guy to send me the WAVES software on a thumb drive. The Software Central doesn't work very well. Now WAVES offers Offline download option which solves the problem. This all goes back to: why don't we get software on a disc so we have it in hand?

That all said, now that I've got everything working, I'm plenty happy. I just wish our city would start connecting us to the fiber optic that is all over town. Cable runs right in front of our house. That would help.

Their dev ops team hasn't discovered CDNs yet.

Return to “Arturia”