Spark 2 Update Beta Test In Progress

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As one of the beta testers, I can tell you that I just downloaded THE UPDATE yesterday. No, I have not yet tried it, due to time and creativity restraints. HOWEVER! Know that is IS being actively worked on. The bug fix list I read is quite something, let me tell you.
Anyhow, just thought Spark users might like to know this. There's hope.
NOTE!! However, that from my understanding in communications with Arturia, that it is HIGHLY unlikely that there will ever be a Spark 3. So only expect bug fixes for Spark 2, at this point.
.... If we Spark lovers make enough noise, however ................ I mean ......... Myself, in no small part, played a fairly significant roll in getting THIS update rolling. I kept posting on their facebook page about how they were STILL selling the SparkLE hardware, even tho the Spark 2 software was full of bugs and no longer included in the V5 collection. They FINALLY responded that I made a good point and that their software engineers were looking into it. NOW we have an actual update beta. \o/ WOOT \o/
SO! If we, as a community, make enough noise, perhaps we CAN influence them to do a Spark 3 update.
I mean, let's be honest here. The software in combination with the controller is pretty freagin sweet, eh.

The best response to Arturia's lack of support is not buying their products!
They said they will not fix a firmware issue because there are not enough users affected. That's honest but embarassing. Do NOT BUY Arturia products full stop.

As a Spark 2 owner, I have given up with the progres of this product upgrade, and moved to other drum machines such as the Revolution by Wave Alchemy, Electro-Acoustic by Sonicouture and Drum Lab by NI.
However, I still buy and use Arturia products, of course, its a great company (although Spark 2 was a huge disappointment).
P.s. Geist 2 was even bigger flop in my eyes. I wish the Fxpansion, which BFD3 I admire and use every day, will finally produce the ultimate (electro) drum machine.

I‘m with artao on this one. Show of hands if you‘re a regular user hoping for a new major version.

+1 from me
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Guys, lack of support?

I have the update, and there's certainly notable fixes so far.

I know about Arturia's support history, and perhaps it's a fair bit deserved. (It's best to email them rather than try to use the forums. Seriously.) ... but HEY! This is progress. In DIRECT response to user input.
So cheer up, you negative nillies.
jeez
... try to post some positive news ............. ;)

artao wrote:...lack of support?...
yes, lack of support. or maybe ignorance. ymmv

read my lips - they will not fix the firmware issue.

they know about this issue - they even confirmed it on their very own forum. but they don't give a funk about affected users.

dermichl wrote:
artao wrote:...lack of support?...

read my lips - they will not fix the firmware issue.

they know about this issue - they even confirmed it on their very own forum. but they don't give a funk about affected users.

Then maybe go find another post to gripe in, or start your own.
JEEZ! Some people!!

I find it interesting that, on this forum, there are so many Arturia nay-sayers. Meanwhile, actual professionals (Such as Junky XL, Hans Zimmer, Vangelis IIRC, others ...) enjoy using Arturia software synths.
Poor support? In general, yes.
Like I said, try e-mail rather than the forums. MUCH better support response.
This tho? Bug-fix updating the Spark 2 software? That's very positive news.
So if you're just going to bitch and moan about Arturia's support, STFU and go somewhere else. Your negativity BS isn't wanted here.
Don't like Arturia? Don't use their products, but shut up about it. No one wants to hear your whining.

Fellow beta tester here, and I concur with Artao.
Spark is for the most part, a legacy product.
There may not be enough users to warrant the release of a Spark 3, but Arturia certainly heard from the current Spark users and have provide a substantial update to enable further use of version 2.
Boycotting all Arturia products is a bit of an extreme move, but to each their own.
Despite being a beta tester, their synth apps are wonderful, and have been the exclusive soft synths in all my recordings.
Do I expect them to be perfect replications in software form of their respective hardware inspirations? No, because to do so is unrealistic.
But, they are most certainly the closest thing that anyone has come up with so far, and I am most glad for what they have provided.

I started back on the V collection 2, & now we're at 6. I've seen some wonderful improvements in both software, and certainly in hardware. I still have my The Laboratory 49 sitting next to me, with a newer KeyLab MK II on the desk, and the improvements are night and day.

TonyFlyingSquirrel wrote:Boycotting all Arturia products is a bit of an extreme move, but to each their own.
I'd be damned if the people who frequently post about boycotting certain companies really ever boycott them (rather think they want to encourage other people to boycott them…). If they did, then they wouldn't frequently post about their products, right?

Anyway. As i also own Spark 2, i'm curious about the update. Even though i must admit that i never really got warm with the GUI and the complexity of Spark. Arturia might have strained themselves a bit with that level of complexity. Especially as it's a bit of a niche product.

So, is there any news on this update?
Xpoes

W10, Reaper, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+

xpoes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 am So, is there any news on this update?
the update is already a long time there. while introduced some other bugs, it works great. i love the arturia spark, my to go to drum computer (also because of the old CDM controller).

WasteLand wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:42 am
xpoes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 am So, is there any news on this update?
the update is already a long time there. while introduced some other bugs, it works great. i love the arturia spark, my to go to drum computer (also because of the old CDM controller).

I agree, that the latest update, in spite of some fundamental shortcomings, works well.
I have 4 other drum machine vst, and Sparks 2 has some strenghts, the other lack.

There are things I'm liking about the Spark 2 demo but finding threads like these - are there still outstanding showstopper bugs? Also it's difficult to tell - does the SparkLE controller come with the full version of Spark 2? Does ownership of Spark allow any crossgrades to V Collection? Thanks.

Hey there people!
I've bought a Spark le just now, it comes with spark 2 and some added extra content. Great fun, I'm using with ableton lite 10 on a win 10 os. Anybody else using somewhat similar constellation? Anyone else struggling with missing files?
Any comments appreciated.

Return to “Arturia”