[solved, kind of...] AnalogLab 3/Buchla Easel- Nasty CPU bug

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

just updated Analog Lab V2 to V3.
All Buchla "Pad" patches start with 100% CPU load !!

Anyone else has this?

HP 8470p
i7 3630QM
16 GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro 1709 64bit
Last edited by PhilG on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

hi, i've tried with "bass wish" bass preset no problem

OSX 10.12.3
i7 4.0G
16Go DDR3

HP Laptop? Good luck, mate. It's full of crap. Delete and start again or hire someone who knows how to setup an OS for audio.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:HP Laptop? Good luck, mate. It's full of crap. Delete and start again or hire someone who knows how to setup an OS for audio.
Huh, does your mum know that you´re playing with her computer?

PhilG wrote:
DuX wrote:HP Laptop? Good luck, mate. It's full of crap. Delete and start again or hire someone who knows how to setup an OS for audio.
What's that supposed to mean? I'm 47 and I've been assembling and maintaining audio computers since the 90s. All laptops come with loads of company crap installed by default and if you want to be able to use them for audio without any problems you have to install a fresh OS on it.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

no issue here,
OSX 12.12.6
Mac Pro 5.1
32GB
PhilG wrote:Hi,

Anyone else has this?

HP 8470p
i7 3630QM
16 GB Ram

topaz wrote:no issue here,
OSX 12.12.6
Mac Pro 5.1
32GB
PhilG wrote:Hi,

Anyone else has this?

HP 8470p
i7 3630QM
16 GB Ram
Pre-installed OSX is much easier to "tame" for audio than Windows, especially W10. :tu:

Big and less big corporations couldn't care less about the music production. :?

Ignore it... your post is helpful. I'll see if I get the same CPU behaviour on my 3930K. Thanks. - Scotty
DuX wrote:
PhilG wrote:
What's that supposed to mean? I'm 47 and I've been assembling and maintaining audio computers since the 90s. All laptops come with loads of company crap installed by default and if you want to be able to use them for audio without any problems you have to install a fresh OS on it.

DuX wrote:
PhilG wrote:
I´m sorry then, but I´m quite experienced too.
The laptop got two new SSD and I installed everything from scratch without all the company crap ;)
I double checked with another Windows 10 system and there are some serious issues with some of the Buchla patches.
The CPU load doesn´t go down again even there is no audio generated anymore-
Opened a support ticket at Arturia.

If you check out the overview page for the Buchla Easel, it says "* Note that while our extreme modeling at the component level on the Buchla Easel V delivers insanely great analog sound, each voice of polyphony requires significant processing power to pull it off—approximately 20 percent of an i7 CPU per voice."

CC4 wrote:If you check out the overview page for the Buchla Easel, it says "* Note that while our extreme modeling at the component level on the Buchla Easel V delivers insanely great analog sound, each voice of polyphony requires significant processing power to pull it off—approximately 20 percent of an i7 CPU per voice."
Nice find, but it takes 80% CPU immediately after loading some patches without a note played or it doesn´t release the CPU load when the sound faded to zero.
It can´t be right, that an idle instrument is blocking your CPU.

It could be using CPU per voice "in advance", like their Matrix12V, so try lowering the polyphony/number of voices. Works for Matrix12V.

DuX wrote:It could be using CPU per voice "in advance", like their Matrix12V, so try lowering the polyphony/number of voices. Works for Matrix12V.
This is Analog Lab 3 without Buchla Easel plug-in installed.
So there´s no way to lower the polyphony.

And I can play Repro-5 in HQ some demanding 8 voice patches with 6 keys pressed without problems.
As soon as the sound fades the cpu load goes down.
That´s how it should be.

It´s not a bug, it´s a feature!

https://www.arturia.com/faq/buchlaeasel ... -questions

In my opinion this is a bad idea and bad design.
I don´t like things which force me to adapt or change my workflow.
In this case, if you want to use some sounds from Buchla Easel in a project you´re working on, you´ll have to bounce or freeze the part immediately.
Otherwise the idle instance(s) will eat a big part of the CPU power you may need for other instruments or FX.

Return to “Arturia”