Unfair Upgrade Pricing

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ATN69 wrote:I believe it would be most fair if it would be cheaper to upgrade from v5 to v6, and a little bit more expensive from v4 to v6, and yet more expensive from v3 to v6, and so on. I agree with everyone saying that $99 is the magic number. If it was $99 I would upgrade right away.
Kind of... Since I own a SparkLE (still full of bugs btw), I bought v3 for $199 in 2014. Today I could "upgrade" for the same amount I paid for it. Understanding v6 has a lot more but I don't really need 21 Arturia synths. I would prefer to keep improving the synths I already own in my v3. Like upgrading for a scale-able GUI.

5 years from now we might have like 10 more synth from the team. :) They call it "upgrading" but I call it, selling more, new synths I don't really need :) Expensive bugfixes and improvements for the ones you already bought but gives (me at least) something else instead :)
Last edited by lhbts on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can upgrade each from v3/v4 to the more modern v5/v6 features for 19 each, if I'm not mistaken.
Check your MyArturia account page

I had a spare older V that I upgraded to V4.1 exactly to get the new features only on those synths, not adding more.

From what I can tell, reading some of the posts, I see some don't even check their account page for upgrade offers or even contact Sales for a better deal.

koshdukai wrote:You can upgrade each from v3/v4 to the more modern v5/v6 features for 19 each, if I'm not mistaken.

I had a spare older V that I upgraded to V4.1 exactly to get the new features only on those synths, not adding more.

From what I can tell, reading some of the posts, I see some don't even check their account page for upgrade offers or even contact Sales for a better deal.
That's true, koshdukai. For me it would $160 for upgrading all the ones in v3, not adding more. Going to v6 would be a steal for me. Not so much for everybody and understand that. Lowering the individual prices would be more fair, but this is not a democracy :wink:

koshdukai wrote:You can upgrade each from v3/v4 to the more modern v5/v6 features for 19 each, if I'm not mistaken.

Yep, I waited for the Black Friday sale and upgraded a few synths for $10 a piece which were in dire need of new GUIs. I dunno, to me $20 is a bit steep for what is essentially a series of .bmp files and new presets.

The perceived value of software developers has significantly decreased. A growing statistic of users think hours of coding and tweaking of algorithms is worth half of the asking price. We seem to forget that EVERYONE has bills, and you STILL spending less than the hardware with no “wear-and-tear”. We seem to forget these developers put thousands of dollars of gear in our backpacks. :roll:
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

As someone commented on another forum a £199 upgrade which offers a clarinet, an oboe and an electric piano is a ... hard pass. With the V synths Cherry Audio has put out recently - priced in the real world - I'll wait till the autumn to upgrade and not be missing much.

C'mon Arturia, you're getting obese.

But all the same big thanks for Pig 5 <3
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

Return to “Arturia”