Has anyone ever had Arturia try to automatically update their software?

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just put your computer in "airplane mode" when leaving the house for a gig, problem gone.

TonyFlyingSquirrel wrote:Just put your computer in "airplane mode" when leaving the house for a gig, problem gone.
Whether it be using Airplane Mode or a mystery App to prevent auto updates, it's just plain wrong for Arturia to force software installation on YOUR computer without YOUR permission. Gee, what else acts like this? Hmmm, let me see. Oh yeah, viruses do! :dog:

Eek. Yes. I've been meaning to do that when I'm on stage. But I still don't want something installed at home two days before I need to play. I have had a softsynth that I actually had to stop using for several months because of a sustain pedal bug (notes would stick). I still prefer to make the choice of when I want to update.

iPlogger wrote:I still prefer to make the choice of when I want to update.
Of course you do; you're an adult.

Regarding 'software auto-updates':
Just bought the Arturia Minilab II. Excited to get started.

New version of ASC came out yesterday. Unable to download, since it's zero K.

Went to the archive, grabbed November's version. Installed, then launched it. It updates to the latest non-functioning April 4 version. It's the start of the weekend. Grumble. Perhaps in the fullness of time.

Yes, forced auto-update is draconian at best, and impractical at worst.
:borg:

Wouldn‘t any update require at least a password to be installed? How could it do that without? Is this possible on Windows? On a Mac its not, I would always be asked first...

I have a Mac and I get the notification to update, but it never auto-updates.

Return to “Arturia”