CS80v v3 @Surface Pro 4

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing issues with the new CS80v V3 Update with my Surface Pro 4. It seems that the GUI is only useable by using a mouse. Using touch (fingers) or the Surface pen leeds to GUI hickups. For example opening the preset browser freezes the browser in the open state, but won't let me select a preset. Also I can't click the open preset window away. Using the mouse again everything works fine. I can select a preset also in the preset dropdown opened before via pen or touch.

Anyone with an idea whats wrong? All my other VSTs work fine (U-he, Sugar Bytes, etc.)

Greetings,
smoothny

Hi smoothny,

Thanks for reporting this issue. From what i've heard on the web , this kind of issue is related to the "windows ink", which has been added recently.
I am not a tablet expert, but i can suggest to have a look on in your windows surface settings , in "devices" "pen" section. There should be a way to disable this windows ink feature.
It helped some users who were working with a wacom stylus.
It is only maybe a clue to solve your problem, but please let us know if it works for you.

Best,

Hi,

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but first of all the surface pen settings only let you change the pressure amount. Changing this value does not make any difference and also I don't want to deactivate the pressure because Bitwig makes use of it.

AND the gui issue is also present using normal touch via finger interaction. Also the Arturia plugins are the only ones having this issue, all the other plugins I own are working fine. So I don't see a workaround on my side.

Please fix this. :(

greetings,
smoothny

One more thing.

None of the cs80 controls itself are changeable via pen, only finger touch is working here. also this issue only exists in the arturia vsts.

greetings,
smoothny

Re, sorry this method didn't solve your issue.
I'll investigate further with the help of dev colleagues.
I'll keep you aware anyway.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks again to have reported your issue here.

Best,

Ok, thanks.

Hope you'll find a way to figure this out. Would be a pitty not to be able to use the CS80v with my Surface Bitwig setup.

greetings,
smoothny

smoothny,

I highly recommend the site SurfaceProAudio. Robin recently made a video using Arturia Collection V on the Surface Pro 4. I can't recall if he specifically mentioned any of your issues. http://surfaceproaudio.com/running-virt ... ace-pro-4/

Post your question on his site. He is an excellent resource on using audio/MIDI on the Surface Pro. I use the Surface Pro 3.

Hi iPlogger,

maybe you didn't watch the video at all? :D Second video at your link at 7:10 he is just talking about exactly the same bug I have in CS80v.

Seeing this makes to problem even bigger, because it seems to affect all the new Arturia plugins. His workaround is to use the mouse, which is the only working way at the moment. But my problem with the mouse is, I don't have one because I don't have a keyboard/touchpad for my surface. I'm only using it as a mobile device for Bitwig and this makes all the Arturia plugins unuseable via Surface.

Greetings,
smoothny

You are correct!!! I only skimmed through the video. :-) I often skip through his videos the first time and at some later time, watch the whole thing. But as I don't own the Arturia Collection, I can also see me forgetting a lot of what was said.

I have a USB hub so I can use both a mouse and USB keyboard(s) at the same time. Or maybe you are saying you don't have ANY mouse for use.

Sure I have a mouse for my desktop computer, but I only use my Surface to go.

Greetings,
smoothny

Was anything ever done to address this? It's an issue with all new Arturo's plug-ins, not just the case-80v.

I'd like to get Spark but I'm worried they will redo the GUI and that will break with touch and pen as well.

just got a surface 4 myself and this very annoying bug with all the Arturia plug ins is still there, pretty much unusable on a surface....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

6.1 still broken on MS Surface :(
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Bump- I didn’t upgrade to V6 as it doesn’t work on surface and the free sound pack offer expires today :-(

1 year since this was reported and no feedback at all! Arturia vst's don't work on a MS Surface (not sure if they work on any other touch screen?)

Return to “Arturia”